- Based on Datsun GO+ MPV's platform, the GO-Cross is expected to be presented as a sub-4 metre crossover
- Datsun Go-Cross may be offered with the same engine as the one that does duty on the GO+ - the 1.2-litre DOHC diesel
- With an SUV-like stance in tow, the Datsun GO-Cross will most likely find competition in the Mahindra KUV100
- The Datsun hatchback is based on the CMF-A platform, which also underpins Renault Kwid.
- Other than that, Datsun redi-GO will share design elements, features, and engine with the Renault Kwid
- The new Datsun hatchback expected to house Kwid's 800cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine under the hood, will use a 5-speed manual gearbox.