Hyundai's Hydrogen Fuel Cell CUVs Hit U.S. Shores
The first batch of Hyundai's Tucson Fuel Cell CUVs will soon reach dealerships in California, Hyundai Motor America has announced. This is the first delivery of a mass-produced fuel cell vehicle for the U.S. market, while the first sale of the car is expected within the next several weeks in Southern California. The fuel cell car will be available at three select southern California Hyundai dealers: Tustin Hyundai, Win Hyundai in Carson, and Hardin Hyundai in Anaheim.
The Tucson Fuel Cell will initially be offered to customers in the Los Angeles/Orange County region for 36-month term at $499 per month, with $2,999 down payment, under Hyundai's leasing program. Against this price, approved lessees will be given unlimited free hydrogen refuelling under Hyundai Assurance Program. Moreover, Tucson Fuel Cell owners will avail Hyundai "At Your Service" assistance program at no cost.
The company says that consumers have shown a great interest in the Tucson Fuel Cell leasing opportunity, with over 2 lakh unique visitors to the Tucson Fuel Cell microsite at hyundaiusa.com/tucsonfuelcell.
"Hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles represent the next generation of zero-emission electric vehicle technology, and we're proud of our leadership role in this important segment of the alternative fuel vehicle market," said Mike O'Brien, vice president, corporate and product planning, Hyundai Motor America.
"The range and refuelling time of our Tucson Fuel Cell compare favorably with gasoline vehicles, making them a seamless transition from traditional gasoline-powered vehicles. We're excited to provide customers in Southern California a way to transition to a zero-emission vehicle with minimal compromises.", he added.
Car Tools And Services
- Maruti Suzuki Swift DLX Edition Launched; Price Starts at Rs. 4.54 lakh
- Honda Navi is gaining popularity. Find all the details here.
- Over 143 people are looking to book Bajaj V15. Book yours today!
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India
- Top 10 Upcoming Scooters in 2016
- Next Generation Hyundai Verna: Things You Need to Know Jul 23, 2016
- Emission Scandal: Volkswagen Suspends Vehicle Sales in South Korea Jul 23, 2016
- F1 Issues New Radio Communication Guidelines for Hungarian GP Post Rosberg Fiasco Jul 22, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz Considering to Introduce Hybrid and Plug-in Hybrid Cars in India Jul 22, 2016
- Kawasaki Introduces Cosmetic Updates on Ninja 650 and ER-6n in India Jul 22, 2016
- Exclusive: Suzuki Plans Next-Gen Jimny; Likely To Be Made in India Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS: 10 Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- Haryana Bans 15-Year-Old Petrol and 10-Year-Old Diesel Vehicles Jul 22, 2016
- 2017 Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade to Gain Dramatic Upgrades Jul 22, 2016
- 2016 Rainforest Challenge India: Time to Get Muddy Jul 22, 2016
- Honda Accord Hybrid Imported to India for Testing; Launch in Festive Season Jul 22, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis: Things You Need to Know Jul 22, 2016
- DSK Benelli Opens New Dealership in Jalandhar Jul 21, 2016
- BMW G 310 R to Come to India Only in 2017 Jul 21, 2016
- Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari Among Automakers Selling Cars With Faulty Airbags in the US Jul 21, 2016