Mahindra Mojo 300 likely to be launched in June
First showcased as a prototype at the 2012 Indian Auto Expo, the production-ready version of the Mahindra Mojo 300 finally made its debut at the recent edition of the Indian Auto Expo in February 2014. This naked looking bike was expected to launch in 2013, but the launch delayed as Mahindra Two Wheelers' first innings wasn't quite a profitable one. Everything changed after the re-launch of the company's flagship commuter bike Centuro, which currently is drawing profits for the two-wheeler wing of Mahindra Group. While, the Centuro is already doing well, the company seems confident of Mojo's success.
The production-ready version of the Mojo 300 looks a little different from the concept showcased in 2012. However, the design largely remains unchanged. The front looks more practical with revised twin headlights. What is also interesting is the digital speedometer with analogue tachometre with a shift light and low fuel warning indicators.
The Mojo also gets radial brakes, USD forks and Pirelli Sport Demon tyres. Powering the bike is a liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, single cylinder engine that mated to a 6-speed transmission, churns out a maximum power output of 27bhp.
The Mojo will be launched in June 2014 and pitted against the likes of Ninja 300 and the Duke 390.
Car Tools And Services
- Ford to Produce Foam and Plastic Components Made of Captured Carbon Dioxide May 28, 2016
- 2017 Nissan GT-R Nismo Makes its Official Debut May 28, 2016
- Nissan India Opens 220th Dealership in Bihar; Plans to Have 300 Outlets By March 2017 May 27, 2016
- Automatic Transmission Cars in India Under 15 Lakh May 27, 2016
- 2017 Audi A5 Coupe Teased Ahead of Global Reveal May 27, 2016
- Mahindra to Buy Norton or BSA? May 27, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki India's Biggest Recall Yet; 75,419 Baleno and 1,961 Swift DZire Affected May 27, 2016
- Inside Line F1 Podcast: Le Mans Says No To Formula 1 May 27, 2016
- Triumph All Set to Launch Thruxton R in India May 27, 2016
- Armaan Ebrahim Selected for Lamborghini Young Drivers Program 2016 May 27, 2016
- Made-in-India Maruti Super Carry to Be Launched in South Africa in June May 26, 2016
- BMW Begins Local Manufacturing of the X1 May 26, 2016
- Renault India Ventures into Used Car Business With Renault Selection May 26, 2016
- BMW Showcases the 2002 Hommage Concept May 26, 2016
- Valentino Rossi Meets the Yamaha Motobot May 26, 2016