Hyundai's Hydrogen Fuel Cell CUVs Hit U.S. Shores
The first batch of Hyundai's Tucson Fuel Cell CUVs will soon reach dealerships in California, Hyundai Motor America has announced. This is the first delivery of a mass-produced fuel cell vehicle for the U.S. market, while the first sale of the car is expected within the next several weeks in Southern California. The fuel cell car will be available at three select southern California Hyundai dealers: Tustin Hyundai, Win Hyundai in Carson, and Hardin Hyundai in Anaheim.
The Tucson Fuel Cell will initially be offered to customers in the Los Angeles/Orange County region for 36-month term at $499 per month, with $2,999 down payment, under Hyundai's leasing program. Against this price, approved lessees will be given unlimited free hydrogen refuelling under Hyundai Assurance Program. Moreover, Tucson Fuel Cell owners will avail Hyundai "At Your Service" assistance program at no cost.
The company says that consumers have shown a great interest in the Tucson Fuel Cell leasing opportunity, with over 2 lakh unique visitors to the Tucson Fuel Cell microsite at hyundaiusa.com/tucsonfuelcell.
"Hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles represent the next generation of zero-emission electric vehicle technology, and we're proud of our leadership role in this important segment of the alternative fuel vehicle market," said Mike O'Brien, vice president, corporate and product planning, Hyundai Motor America.
"The range and refuelling time of our Tucson Fuel Cell compare favorably with gasoline vehicles, making them a seamless transition from traditional gasoline-powered vehicles. We're excited to provide customers in Southern California a way to transition to a zero-emission vehicle with minimal compromises.", he added.
Car Tools And Services
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza vs Ford EcoSport vs Mahindra TUV300: Specification Comparison Feb 12, 2016
- Top Five 150cc Bikes in India Feb 11, 2016
- Exclusive: Indian Motorcycle Riders Group to Be Launched at India Bike Week 2016 Feb 11, 2016
- Maruti Suzuki's Upcoming Cars in India Feb 11, 2016
- Skoda Superb to Launch on February 23, 2016 Feb 11, 2016
- Google Car's Artificial Intelligence Technology Can Qualify as Actual Driver Feb 11, 2016
- Toyota Innova Crysta India Launch Scheduled for Q2, 2016 Feb 11, 2016
- Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, BMW Recall 2.5 Million Vehicles With Faulty Airbags in US Feb 11, 2016
- Upcoming Honda Cars in India in 2016 Feb 11, 2016
- Spied: Maruti Suzuki Ignis Begins Test Runs in India Feb 11, 2016
- BMW Group Starts 2016 With Record Sales Feb 11, 2016
- Exclusive: Toyota Will Use Daihatsu to Develop Multiple Compact Models for India Feb 11, 2016
- Honda Light Weight Super Sport Concept "CBR250RR" Could Enter Production By August 2016 Feb 10, 2016
- Audi Teases Fourth Q Model; To Be Showcased at the Geneva Motor Show Feb 10, 2016
- Bentley May Make a Coupe-Styled Version of Bentayga SUV Feb 10, 2016