Hyundai's Hydrogen Fuel Cell CUVs Hit U.S. Shores
The first batch of Hyundai's Tucson Fuel Cell CUVs will soon reach dealerships in California, Hyundai Motor America has announced. This is the first delivery of a mass-produced fuel cell vehicle for the U.S. market, while the first sale of the car is expected within the next several weeks in Southern California. The fuel cell car will be available at three select southern California Hyundai dealers: Tustin Hyundai, Win Hyundai in Carson, and Hardin Hyundai in Anaheim.
The Tucson Fuel Cell will initially be offered to customers in the Los Angeles/Orange County region for 36-month term at $499 per month, with $2,999 down payment, under Hyundai's leasing program. Against this price, approved lessees will be given unlimited free hydrogen refuelling under Hyundai Assurance Program. Moreover, Tucson Fuel Cell owners will avail Hyundai "At Your Service" assistance program at no cost.
The company says that consumers have shown a great interest in the Tucson Fuel Cell leasing opportunity, with over 2 lakh unique visitors to the Tucson Fuel Cell microsite at hyundaiusa.com/tucsonfuelcell.
"Hydrogen-powered fuel cell vehicles represent the next generation of zero-emission electric vehicle technology, and we're proud of our leadership role in this important segment of the alternative fuel vehicle market," said Mike O'Brien, vice president, corporate and product planning, Hyundai Motor America.
"The range and refuelling time of our Tucson Fuel Cell compare favorably with gasoline vehicles, making them a seamless transition from traditional gasoline-powered vehicles. We're excited to provide customers in Southern California a way to transition to a zero-emission vehicle with minimal compromises.", he added.
Car Tools And Services
- How to Change an Engine Air Filter Nov 30, 2015
- Maruti Suzuki Celerio Gets Optional ABS and Airbags Nov 30, 2015
- Lamborghini Charts Road Map for India Nov 30, 2015
- Tata Zica Revealed; Launch in January 2016 Nov 30, 2015
- Ferrari Returns to India With New Dealers Nov 30, 2015
- National Green Tribunal Issues Notice to Government and Volkswagen India Nov 30, 2015
- It's Official: Bugatti Names Next Hypercar Chiron Nov 30, 2015
- Zarooq Motors Unveils Sand Racer Nov 30, 2015
- 2016 Delhi Auto Expo: Datsun GO-Cross Likely to Be Showcased Nov 30, 2015
- UN Proposes New Tax for Global Road Safety Fund Nov 30, 2015
- BS-VI Engine Regulations to Roll Out by 2021 Nov 30, 2015
- 35,123 Challans Issued Under Motor Vehicle Act in Haryana Nov 30, 2015
- Tata Zica Hatchback Revealed in Spyshots Nov 29, 2015
- Car Driving Tips for Beginners Nov 29, 2015
- Report: Renault Kwid Receives 70,000 Bookings; Grabs 10 Per Cent Share in Segment Nov 28, 2015