Bikes for sale
FAQs of Cruiser Bikes
What are cruiser bikes ?
Which are the top cruiser bikes in India?
Which are the newly launched cruiser bikes?
Which are the upcoming cruiser bikes in 2023 ?
What are the typical features of a cruiser bike?
What are the different types of cruiser motorbikes?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of owning a cruiser motorbike?
Which are the best brand for cruiser bikes?
How much does a cruiser bike cost in India?
What is the fuel efficiency of a cruiser bike in India?
What is the maintenance cost of a cruiser bike in India?
About Cruiser Bikes in India
Due to their unique design and posture, cruiser bikes are a lot of fun to ride. In Western nations, these motorcycles have a devoted following. However, many of us in India are concerned about the bike's city rideability and practicality. We believe that everyone who enjoys lengthy voyages and seeing new places should give cruisers utmost importance.
If you are a beginner or new to riding a motorbike, you will find cruiser bikes to be more comfortable. They have a low center of gravity and a low seat height, making them easy for beginners. Also, because they aren't usually high-revving machines, the acceleration is smooth and linear, which will instill trust in you.
Are they, however, anything that other purchasers should think about? Even if you aren't a wanderer, this piece will persuade you that they are worth considering!
Selecting the Best Cruiser Bike in India
Most individuals use cruiser bikes for long-distance commutes, which can range from 200 km to 500 km in a day. As a result, manufacturers provide varied engine capacity for cruisers based on the distance travelled.
Types Of Cruiser Bikes
- Entry-level: Smaller-displacement engines are used in entry-level touring type bikes, making them easier to handle. There are just a few of these cruiser bikes available on the market. Beginner riders will benefit from entry-level cruiser bikes since they are often less expensive.
- Tourer: A tourer cruiser motorcycle is often well-planted, has a long wheelbase, and is relatively stable due to its massive weight. Road vacations and long-distance travel on the open road are ideal for tourer cruiser bikes. They may, however, be utilized for commuting or riding in the city.
- Bagger: Large fairings and heavy cargo characterize bagger cruiser bikes. Bagger cruiser motorcycles are ideal for long-distance travel with features like heated grips, cruise control, and onboard entertainment. In certain circles of the motorcycling world, baggers are referred to as "dressers."
- Hyper-cruiser: Hyper-cruiser cruiser motorcycle models are cruiser bikes meant to be more powerful and fast than the standard cruiser motorbike. Hyper-cruiser cruiser bikes will feature a high lean angle, excellent acceleration, and cornering capabilities.
- Electric: Even though there are just a few electric cruiser bikes on the market right now, electric cruiser motorcycles represent the future of this motorcycle genre. Electric cruiser bikes, when compared to other forms of cruiser motorcycles, provide the most advanced and cutting-edge technology. Although electric cruiser bikes lack the thunderous roar and bark of a regular petrol-powered V-Twin, they offer plenty of low-end torque.
Popular Cruiser Bikes in India
- Honda H'ness CB350- This bike is powered by the brand new BS6 compliant 348.36cc single-cylinder, fuel-injected, and air-cooled engine. It is assisted by a 5-speed transmission and slipper clutch. The engine runs at 21PS at 5500rpm and 30Nm at 3000rpm. The optimum refinement also helps to counterbalance it.
- Yezdi Roadster- This cruiser bike is powered by a 334cc single-cylinder liquid-cooled engine, churning out 29.7PS at 7300rpm and 29Nm at 6500rpm 6-speed transmission. Its engine has been tuned in a different way to suit the bike's character.
- Jawa Perak- Powered by 334cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder mill, it produces 32.74Nm of torque and 30.64PS. With a 6-speed transmission and optimised gear ratios, it gets the custom-looking twin slash-cut road-legal exhausts.
- Jawa 42- Jawa 42 has a 293cc, liquid-cooled, fuel-injected, single-cylinder engine generating 27.02Nm and 27.33PS. Its engine has the same 6-speed transmission.
- Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 - The Bajaj Avenger 220 Cruise has a similar motor to the legendary Pulsar 220F. It is equipped with a fuel-injection system that helps to meet BS6 norms. The engine of this bike produces 17.55Nm and 19.03PS. The gearbox remains the same old five-speed unit on the Avenger 220 Cruise.
Things to Know Before Buying a Cruiser Bike
There are a few essential things to bear in mind about cruiser bikes before buying them, and they are listed down below:
- Riding Position
The riding position of the cruiser bike is the highlighting feature of a cruiser bike. It has a comfortable low seat height with inclined and upswept handlebars. The foot pegs are positioned further, making it a relaxed bike for the riders. It is excellent for long-distance traveling.
Usually, the cruiser bikes offer a better range compared to the sports bikes. With a bigger tank capacity, it gives a better range. It means lesser fuel stops too. However, this adds to the bike's weight, but it isn't much of a concern. But a better range on long rides is not really a bad thing.
Riding a cruiser bike through the city is extremely comfortable. Cruiser bikes have been tuned accordingly to get a better low and mid-range performance in India. You ride through the city at a speed of about 60 kmph, and it makes them struggle with the bike's throttle. The engines can give a better torque output enabling the rider to keep the engine cool by lowering the revs.