How To Check Your Vehicle's Insurance Status?
By Carandbike Team
1 mins read
18-Jun-22 04:52 AM IST
Checking Car Insurance Online
The process of tracking the status of your car insurance online is pretty straightforward. The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India has an insurance data repository – IIB. IIB is a web portal that facilitates checking and tracking insurance policy details. Here's how to check the status online:
- Step 1: Visit the official IIB website.
- Step 2: The page will ask for necessary details like registration number, name, etc. Enter these details.
- Step 3: Press on submit.
- Step 4: The policy details associated with your vehicle will now appear.
- Step 5: If you are still unable to view the status, you can track your vehicle's engine and chassis number.
Checking Car Insurance Offline
To check the car insurance offline, you can ring your insurance company to procure the details. You can also reach out to your connected RTO to find your car's insurance information.
Checking Bike Insurance Status Online
Checking your bike's insurance involves pretty much the same process as car insurance status tracking. You can use the same IIB portal to track the insurance status of a bike. Like car insurance tracking, you have to enter the name, email ID, mobile number, vehicle registration number, and other details on the IIB portal.
Checking Bike Insurance Status Offline
There are typically two ways to track the status of your bike's insurance offline:
- Visit your respective RTO and enquire with them about your bike's insurance details. This step is also applicable in case you have met with an accident.
- Alternatively, you can call the insurance provider, and they will be able to retrieve all the information related to your bike's insurance.
VAHAN e-Services for Vehicle Insurance Status
Vahan is a government enabled service that lets you track all information about your vehicle, not just insurance. Follow these steps to track the insurance status of your vehicle on this portal:
- Step 1: Visit the official Vahan website and select "Know your vehicle details" from the top navigation menu.
- Step 2: Enter number plate details and required verification code
- Step 3: Select the "Search Vehicle" option
- Step 4: Now, you'll be able to view your vehicle's insurance status and other details.
With these simple methods, you can always stay on track with your vehicle insurance. Tracking your vehicle's insurance can't get any simpler! Share with us if you find a more straightforward way to track car insurance!
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
-7351 second ago
The Sonet likely to be launched in early 2024
-7816 second ago
The upgraded system can now learn to park in locations while the assisted parking function can now identify parking lines.
-4968 second ago
Honda Cars India achieves a milestone by delivering 200 units of the Elevate in Chennai
48 minutes ago
Tata said that the buses come with a 350-bar hydrogen storage tank, a 70 kW fuel cell as well as safety systems such as ESC.
2 hours ago
The BMW iX1 electric SUV will be launched on September 28, 2023.
2 hours ago
Hero says that it will pause taking bookings for the Karizma XMR from midnight on September 30.
3 hours ago
The five millionth Tesla, was a Model 3 Highland in Pearl White, produced at the Shanghai plant.
5 hours ago
Ford's software includes specialised algorithms for both day and night conditions, optimising brake light detection.
17 hours ago
The motorcycle is powered by a 250 cc single-cylinder engine developed from the ground up by Triumph
21 hours ago
Jorge Martin, riding for Pramac, narrowly held onto second place in a fierce contest against Fabio Quartararo on a Yamaha.
Here are some tips to help you change your car insurance company.
1 year ago
As per the new add-on car insurance cover, owners driving less than 10,000 km in a year can benefit from up to 25 per cent of their Own Damage premium.
We tell you all about used two-wheeler insurance
We list out few important factors that can be the difference between getting your vehicle insurance claim accepted or rejected.
Car warranty and insurance come into the picture whenever there is a purchase of a car. While warranty stands guarantee for free repair or replacement if the car sustains such problems while the latter covers the car against theft or damage, by the insurer.