5 Things You Need To Know If You Are Planning To Buy A Used Ford EcoSport
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
2 mins read
28-Sep-22 08:43 PM IST
- The Ford EcoSports is a very capable subcompact SUV.
- The EcoSport was discontinued in late 2021.
- You can get a used EcoSport for around Rs. 3.5 lakh to Rs. 8.5 lakh.
The Ford EcoSport was one of the most popular subcompact SUVs in India. In fact, it was the car that popularised the segment in the country. However, in September 2021, Ford India announced its decision to stop making cars in India effectively discontinuing the EcoSport and other Ford cars. However, the EcoSport is still available in the used car market, and if you are looking for a capable subcompact SUV on a budget, we think you should definitely consider going for a used Ford EcoSport. However, before you start looking for one, here are five things must know the Ecosport.
1. The Ford EcoSport is a well-built car. It feels solid, well put together and came with good fit and finish inside out. However, the design and styling are a bit dated and most nicer features like a touchscreen unit, LED lights and others were not offered with the older versions of the EcoSport. Also, Ford has stopped local production in India, so in the long run, aftersales and spare parts availability might become a matter of concern.
2. If you go for a more recent Ford EcoSport, depending on the variant you can get features like - automatic HID headlamps with LED DRLs, rain-sensing wipers, push-button start, up to six airbags, a 9-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility with navigation, SYNC 3 infotainment system, a sunroof and more.
3. The EcoSport was equipped with some nicer engines from Ford, like the torquey 1.5-litre TDCi four-cylinder diesel engine and the powerful, yet frugal 1.0-litre three-cylinder EcoBoost petrol engine. The driving dynamics were also quite enjoyable. The newer version also came with a powerful 1.5-litre petrol motor. However, our suggestion would be to look for the 1.5-litre diesel version.
4. The creature comforts are certainly good, but the Ford Ecosport doesn't have the most spacious cabin. While front seats are fine, accommodating three passengers at the rear will be a tight squeeze. So, think about that as well.
5. Since Ford announced the ending of local production, there has been a noticeable drop in the price of the used EcoSport. Depending on the model year and condition of the car, you can get a used EcoSport for around Rs. 3.5 lakh to Rs. 8.5 lakh. And that’s good value. However, on the flip side, the car’s resale value will also go down after a few years.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
10 days ago
Indian rider KY Ahamed is set to make history by debuting in the MotoGP Bharat 2023, becoming the first Indian to participate in the Moto3 category.
-11106 second ago
Hero MotoCorp posted total sales of 5,36,499 units in September 2023. The company expects sales to peak in the coming weeks as the country enters festive season.
-7825 second ago
The company posted a 7 per cent increase in total two-wheeler sales over September 2022.
-7283 second ago
Domestic sales of Royal Enfield saw a meagre 1 per cent growth while exports declined by 49 per cent.
10 minutes ago
Tata Motors reported varied performance across its vehicle categories in Q2 FY24, with some segments experiencing growth while others faced slight declines compared to the previous fiscal year
45 minutes ago
Suzuki Motorcycle India records cumulative sales of 97,936 units in September 2023
16 hours ago
The Slavia and Kushaq both receive feature updates along with special prices for the festive period.
16 hours ago
The homegrown automaker crossed the 1 million unit cumulative sales mark in half a financial year for the first time.
18 hours ago
Domestic sales for the month stood at 54,241 units while the company exported 17,400 units during the month.
20 hours ago
The brand managed its all-time highest sales in September 2023, with YoY growth of 53 per cent
5 days ago
The used car market can be a very practical and economical starting point to enter the luxury car space. So, if you are planning to buy a used luxury car, here are some pros and cons that you should know about.
5 days ago
If you are in the market, or on the internet, looking for a good used vehicle right now, then here are 6 cars that you should consider buying.
3 months ago
Buyers of used cars have no dearth of options, but it’s crucial to zero in on the vehicle type that best suits your needs.
3 months ago
Planning to buy a used car? Here are some key features that you should look for one.
4 months ago
Having trouble deciding which used car to buy? Here are some quick tips to help you make that decision