Renault Kiger Subcompact SUV: Top 5 Highlights
The Renault Kiger subcompact SUV is one of the more affordable subcompact SUVs that you can buy in India right now. It's currently, one of the best-selling models in Renault India's line-up and is also exported to several global markets. In fact, recently, the Renault Kiger was selected as one of the finalists for the 2022 World Car Awards, under the World Urban Car of the Year category. So, if you too are planning to get the Renault Kiger, then here are five key highlights about the SUV you must know.
Also Read: Renault Kiger Scores 4 Stars In Global NCAP Crash Test
1. The Kiger is based on Renault-Nissan's CMFA platform and gets a crossover-ish design with optional dual-tone colour choices. It also gets features like LED daytime running lights, LED headlamps, 16-inch alloy wheels, and beefy cladding and roof rails.
2. Renault Kiger will come with an 8-inch floating touchscreen infotainment display, a 7-inch digital instrument console, climate control, engine start-stop, steering mounted controls, Arkamays 3D sound system, rear AC vents. The Kiger also gets wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
3. The cabin also comes with a range of storage options that add up to offer 29.1-litre, this includes the storage in the centre control that alone stands at 9.1-litre. The boot space with all the seats in an upright position is 405 litre. The Kiger also comes with an accessory pack with a wireless phone charger and air purifier.
4. The Renault Kiger was recently crash-tested by the Global New Car Assessment Programme (GNCAP), and it scored an impressive four-star safety rating for adult occupant protection. In terms of safety, the Kiger gets four airbags on the top trim along with ABS and ESC. There's also a rear parking camera on the top trim.
5. The Renault Kiger will be offered in two petrol engines and three transmission choices. This includes the 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine that makes 71 bhp and 96 Nm of peak torque. This engine will come mated to a 5-speed manual and an AMT unit. The Kiger will also get the new 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine, which makes 98 bhp and 160 Nm of peak torque and comes mated to either a 5-speed manual gearbox or a CVT automatic transmission.