Here Are Some Pros And Cons Of Buying A Used Maruti Suzuki Ignis
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
2 mins read
Published on July 28, 2022
- The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is a really good city car.
- The Ignis gets a 1.2 petrol engine, and earlier had a 1.3 diesel as well.
- You can get a used Ignis for Rs. 4 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is one of the more popular compact hatchbacks in the Indo-Japanese carmaker's line-up. First introduced in 2017, the Ignis is retailed via the company's Nexa retail channel and currently accounts for around 4000 to 5000 units a month. in February 2020, the company launched a mid-life facelift of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis, which came with some styling updates and a BS6-compliant engine. The car is quite popular in the used car market as well, and if you are looking for a compact tall-boy hatch on a budget, it will certainly be a good choice. But before you start looking for one, here are some pros and cons you much consider.
Maruti Suzuki offers the Ignis a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder VVT petrol engine, while earlier it also used to come with a 1.3-litre diesel unit.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is a bit quirky but the car certainly stands apart compared to the other hatchbacks in the segment. Depending on the variant you get, the car comes with projector headlights LED DRLs, faux silver skid plates, black alloys, LED taillamps, roof rails and more.
- Maruti Suzuki offers the Ignis a 1.2-litre, four-cylinder VVT petrol engine that comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox, and an optional AMT unit. Maruti also used to offer a 1.3-litre diesel engine. Both are quite peppy and fun-to-drive.
- The Ignis is quite a capable city car. It's compact, offers decent ride quality, and the steering is light enough to allow you to manoeuvre through city traffic.
While the space inside the Ignis' cabin is decent, the quality of plastics used inside is not the best.
- While the space inside the cabin is decent, the quality of plastics used inside is not the best. Also, the seats are not comfortable enough for long drives.
- Most features like LED lights, alloy wheels, touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, rear camera, and auto climate control are only offered with the higher-spec trims. So, if those are important to you, the options will be fewer.
- The AMT unit offered with the Maruti Suzuki Ignis is not very responsive. The gearbox takes away from the performance of the engines, so, you'll be better off going for the manual version.
Last Updated on July 28, 2022
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
-10038 second ago
Owned by Geely, Lotus has pledged to become fully electric by 2028
-9842 second ago
It received a bid of $1,350,000 (11.25 crore) that the seller chose not to accept and re-auctioned in December.
-9643 second ago
The new platform will largely use local components and has been dubbed the ‘A Main Platform’ with the first electric vehicle set to roll out in 2026, specifically for the Chinese market.
-9376 second ago
The 2024 edition of the 1290 Super Adventure siblings receive new colour options for 2024
-7548 second ago
MotoGP's newest grand prix winner has finally found a seat after a string of tremendous performances in the final leg of the 2023 season
-5450 second ago
Maini will partner current F3 champion Gabriel Bortoleto for the 2024 F2 season
-2759 second ago
Skyworth Skyhome, from China's Skywell, is set to enter production next year.
-105 second ago
The all-new Duster is based on the Bigster concept showcased earlier, and shares a lot of design elements
51 minutes ago
Royal Enfield took the wraps off its latest 650 cc motorcycle, the Shotgun 650 at Motoverse 2023 in Goa. Here are the top 5 highlights of the newest Royal Enfield bike, albeit in its Motoverse edition.
1 hour ago
The 2020 Mulsanne Extended Wheelbase was commissioned by Her late Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and served the royal family.
1 month ago
Citroen C3's interesting positioning in the market means it is gunning for hatchbacks like the Hyundai Grand i10 & Maruti Suzuki Ignis, as well as subcompact SUVs like the Nissan Magnite, Renault Kiger, & Tata Punch. Here's how it stacks up against its rivals in terms of pricing.
1 month ago
If you are in the market, or on the internet, looking for a good used vehicle right now, then here are 6 cars that you should consider buying.
1 month ago
The used car market in India is significantly larger than the new car market. Even then, there are a few myths that surround buying a used car model.
1 month ago
The homegrown automaker crossed the 1 million unit cumulative sales mark in half a financial year for the first time.
2 months ago
The used car market can be a very practical and economical starting point to enter the luxury car space. So, if you are planning to buy a used luxury car, here are some pros and cons that you should know about.