5 Things You Must Know If You Plan To Buy A Used Ford Aspire
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
2 mins read
19-Oct-22 12:51 AM IST
- The Ford Aspire was on sale in India from 2015.
- The car was discontinued towards the end of 2021.
- You can get a used Aspire for Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh.
The Ford Aspire subcompact sedan was first launched in India in 2015. It was based on the second-generation Figo hatchback and was also sold in several global markets as the Figo sedan. In fact, it was initially called the Ford Figo Aspire in India. The car was well-built, came with good engines, and was fun to drive. Sadly, when Ford decided to end local manufacturing of vehicles in India last year, the Aspire, along with other Ford cars, was discontinued. Having said that, you can still get the Ford Aspire in the used car market, and in case you are looking for one, here are 5 things you must know.
1. The Aspire was a well-built car and it came with good fit and finish. In fact, the car felt solid inside out. However, the cabin design was a bit dated, and the plastic quality could also have been a lot better. You'll also notice some panel gaps on the car.
The more recent model came with features like Apple Carplay, Android Auto, rain-sensing wipers, and up to 6 airbags.
2. The Aspire also came with a roomy cabin suitable for 4-5 adults, and it also offered a spacious 359-litre of boot space. However, the interior could have been better, and the car also missed out on rear AC vents.
3. While the more recent model came with features like LED lighting, Apple Carplay, Android Auto, rain-sensing wipers, and up to 6 airbags, however, most of them are not standard. In fact, initially, even the top-end variant did not get basic features like LED DRLs, projector headlamps, and auto climate control which was a big miss. So, if you do want these features the options will be limited.
The Aspire came with both petrol (1.2-litre) and diesel (1.5-litre) engines, along with a 1.5-litre petrol with a DCT automatic.
4. Ford offered the Aspire with capable petrol and diesel engines. The latter in fact, a 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine was one of the bests in its segment, while the petrol version, a 1.2-litre unit also used to come with a sophisticated dual-clutch transmission. There was also a 1.5-litre petrol engine with a DCT automatic. The Aspire also offer great driving dynamics.
5. Depending on the model year and condition of the car, you can get a used Ford Aspire for anywhere between Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh. However, do remember the car is no longer on sale in India, which means in the long run, it may lose some resale value.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
47 minutes ago
The BMW iX1 will make its India debut in the next few weeks
1 hour ago
Tata Motors will provide 24x7 support and Electric Vehicle Support Centres for the Ace EV fleet, which also features a telematics system for real-time tracking and efficient fleet management.
3 hours ago
Hyundai has launched a mild update to the i20 N Line for the Indian market
4 hours ago
This event took place at Yamaha's Surajpur Plant, located in Uttar Pradesh
5 hours ago
The Honda SUV has a whole bouquet of accessories to decorate the exterior as well as the interiors
6 hours ago
This new model features a combination of a 2.9-litre V6 petrol engine and an advanced electric motor
7 hours ago
Ahead of its 2026 debut, Lexus will unveil its next-generation EV concept at the 2023 Japan Mobility Show
8 hours ago
This study provides a detailed overview of the automotive retail sector for India.
23 hours ago
The Repsol edition models get the Ross White and Vibrant Orange colour scheme reminiscent of the Team Repsol Honda MotoGP bikes.
1 day ago
The leaked documents reveal that the motorcycle will get a 451.65 cc engine that will develop peak power at 8000 rpm
2 months ago
Buyers of used cars have no dearth of options, but it’s crucial to zero in on the vehicle type that best suits your needs.
3 months ago
Planning to buy a used car? Here are some key features that you should look for one.
3 months ago
Having trouble deciding which used car to buy? Here are some quick tips to help you make that decision
4 months ago
Planning to buy a used car? Here’s what you need to know when considering one
7 months ago
While analysts continue to debate the overall effectiveness of economic curbs on Russia, there can be no doubt they have hit hard in its car industry, which was heavily reliant on foreign manufacturers and imported parts.