9 Most Expensive Cars Launched in India in 2015
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
1 mins read
Published on December 23, 2015
There was a time when passenger cars, and to an extent premium cars, were the only major contributors in the Indian car market. But now the market has expanded and so has the buying behaviour of India consumers which has enabled the growth of luxury car segment in the country. As a pleasant outcome, 2015 saw some of the most expensive luxury car launches that only a select few Indian consumers will be able to afford.
Here's a list of 9 most expensive luxury cars launched in India in 2015:
1) Mercedes-Benz S Guard: The Mercedes-Benz S-Guard or S600 Guard, is definitely at the pinnacle of luxury cars launched in India not just this year, but ever. Launched at an insane price Rs. 8.9 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi) is a highly excusive armoured bomb-proof car is touted to be the 'safest car on earth'. Designed based on the popular luxury sedan S600, the car continues to offer the optimum level of luxury, except only now it is as safe as a tank from outside. The highly impenetrable body shell of the S-Guard can protect its incumbent from continuous automatic-weapons fire from the likes of an M60 machine gun. On the other hand, the under body plating can withstand threats from IED (Improvised bombing).
Inside the car you get an inbuilt oxygen system that is designed to seals all exterior vents and delivers clean air to the occupants in case of a gas attack. Moreover its technical superiority is well-measured by its Intelligent Drive features that include, Night View Assist Plus, LED Intelligent Light System and 360 degree camera. The car weighs a total of 4.5 tons, but that is no way will slow it down as the Mercedes-Benz S-Guard packs a 6.0-liter V12 petrol engine that generates 530bhp and 830Nm of torque. The transmission duties are taken care of by a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.
Price: Rs. 8.9 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
2) Ferrari California T: The Ferrari California T is clearly an epitome of style and luxury when it comes to cars. This two-door convertible marked the Italian supercar brand Ferrari's re-entry into the Indian car market. Price at Rs. 3.4 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi), the Ferrari California T is the second most expensive car to be launched in India in 2015. While it is true that the most expensive car in Ferrari's Indian line-up will be the F12-Berlinetta, but as of not only the California T has official gone on sale. The California T packs a new twin-turbo 3.8-litre V8 engine under the hood, which churns out a healthy 553bhp and a whooping 755Nm torques, which means that the car can do a zero to 100 Km/h sprint is mere 3.6 seconds.
Price: Rs. 3.4 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
3) Lamborghini Huracan: Another Italian supercar marque that decided to grace the Indian car market with its exceptional product was Lamborghini with the new Huracan LP580-2. The new Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 is very special rear-wheel drive version of standard Huracan and has been priced at Rs.2.99 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi). This rear-wheel drive Huracan features modified bumpers which gives it its unique character and helps us tell it apart from its four-wheel drive counterpart. The car is 33 kg lighter than the standard Huracan and come mated to a detuned 5.2-litre V10 engine that produces 580 PS (572bhp), hence the serial number LP580-2 and a peak torque of 540 Nm. The car has a top speed of 320 km/h and can go from rest to 100 km/h in 3.4 seconds, which is 0.2 seconds slower than the standard Lamborghini Huracan.
Price: Rs. 2.99 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
4) Mercedes-Maybach S600: Marking Mercedes-Benz's sub-brand, Maybach's entry into the Indian car market, the Mercedes-Maybach S600 is the most luxurious rendition of the S-Class you will find today in India. While the car largely resembles the standard S-Class, Maybach S600 gets an extended wheelbase, which is 207mm longer offering more room to the rear passengers. Other differentiating features include Maybach logo - a double M inside an arched triangle - on the C-pillars and a set of chrome alloy wheels. Safety offering include 12 airbags, Night View Assist Plus, 360 degree camera, Active Parking Assist, LED with Intelligent Lighting System, Crosswind Assist, PRE-SAFE IMPULSE and Tyre Pressure Monitoring System among several others. The car is powered by a 5980cc V12 bi-turbo engine the churns out 523bhp and develops 830 Nm of peak torque.
Price: Rs. 2.6 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
5) Mercedes-Benz S 63 AMG: 2015 has been a crucial year for the Stuttgart-based carmaker, especially because this year saw the most number of launches from the Mercedes-AMG brand. And one of the most expensive models to join the carmaker's Indian line-up was the Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG. Priced at Rs. 2.6 crore (ex-showroom, Delhi) the car is basically the standard S-Class sedan, only on steroids. Equipped with all the accentuating characteristics of the AMG brand, like the muscular front and rear bumper, sharp character lines and premium AMG-style interiors, the new S63 AMG is the perfect choice for anyone who is seeking the best of both worlds - performance and luxury. Under the hood the S 63 AMG packs a 5.5-litre, twin-turbo, V8 unit that is paired to a 7-speed AMG Speedshift gearbox, produces a whooping 577bhp and 900Nm.
Price: Rs. 2.54 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
6) Mercedes-AMG GT S: Yet another AMG product to reach the Indian shores this year, the Mercedes-AMG GT S replaces the popular Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in India. The AMG GT is also the first car the sport the brand's revised moniker, Mercedes-AMG instead of Mercedes-Benz AMG. It is the second independent model to be developed by AMG car that is not derived from an existing Mercedes-Benz model line. Touted to be the fastest AMG car in India, the Mercedes-AMG GT S is powered by a 4.0-litre V8 biturbo engine, the GT S promises 510 horses along with a maximum torque of 650Nm. The car can despatch 0-100Km/h in 3.8 seconds on its way to a top-speed of 310Km/h.
Price: Rs. 2.4 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Also Read: Mercedes-AMG GT S Review
7) Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG: Along with its new models, Mercedes-Benz India this year also revamped some of its existing product and the most prominent among them was the G63 AMG. The AMG powered G Wagon, now comes in a special 'Crazy Colour' edition with body colours like Solar Beam (Yellow), Lime Green and Sunset Beam (Orange). Apart from the new paint, the rest of the SUV in terms of exterior styling, interior design and features and mechanicals remains the same as before. Powering this colourful beast is the same 5.5 litre V8 twin-turbo engine that produced 537bhp and 760 Nm of peak torque.
Price: Rs. 2.17 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Also Read: Driving the Alien Green Mercedes-AMG G63 Crazy Colour Edition
8) Mercedes-Benz S500 Coupe: The Mercedes-Benz S500 Coupe is yet another rendition of the S-Class sedan launched this year in addition to the S63 AMG. Essentially a two-door coupe version of the S-Class saloon, the S500 Coupe might come with some basic similarities in terms of design and structure, but it is the styling that truly sets them apart. The S500 coupe comes with new front fascia with redesigned headlamp cluster, brand new diamond pattern grille, new muscular front bumper housing the wide air dam and the large air intakes and a set of new 17-inch alloys. Under the hood the car uses the same 4.7-litre, twin-turbo, V8 engine the does duty on the S-Class, churning out 450bhp and a peak torque of 700Nm.
Price: Rs. 2.0 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
9) BMW M6 Gran Coupe: Another German machine that managed to get on this exclusive list is the BMW M6 Gran Coupe. Basically a face lifted version of the older the M6, the new 2015 BMW Gran Coupe comes only with a little bit of revised styling both on the outside as well as the inside. Apart from that the new M6 Gran Coupe remains unchanged even under the hood. The car is powered by the same 3.0-litre, 6-cylinder, in-line diesel powertrain that powered the old model churns out 313bhp and 630Nm. The engine comes mated to an 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
Price: Rs. 1.98 Crore (ex-showroom, Delhi)
Last Updated on December 23, 2015
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 75,000 km
- 22,000 km
- 41,000 km
- 80,000 km
- 80,000 km
- 61,234 km
- 61,000 km
- 25,000 km
- 68,000 km
- 44,123 km
-13417 second ago
Prices for the Aprilia RS 457 could be announced at India Bike Week 2023, while deliveries are likely to begin from early 2024 onwards
-11313 second ago
The Gemini battery utilises a unique dual-chemistry design that combines two distinct cell types to maximise efficiency and range
1 hour ago
The third-generation Renault Duster has been revealed globally and here's a quick look at what's new on the SUV
2 hours ago
This makes the S1 X+ Rs 30,000 cheaper than the S1 Air, priced at nearly 1.20 lakh
3 hours ago
JLR India to conduct annual holiday service camp from December 4th-9th at all authorised retailers, offering vehicle check-ups, exclusive offers and more
20 hours ago
A strong push during the festive season helped Ola Electric achieve its highest-ever monthly sales, retaining its number-one position in the market.
Gauhar Khan and her husband, Zaid Darbar, were pictured together at the dealership in Mumbai while taking delivery of their new Mercedes.
Hero MotoCorp’s cumulative sales for November 2023 stood at 491,050 units, witnessing a 25.61 per cent increase year-on-year
21 hours ago
The bikemaker’s cumulative motorcycle sales for the year 2023 stood at 621,672 units, reflecting a 13 per cent increase.
2 days ago
Lamborghini has issued a recall for 77 units of the Huracan EVO, STO, and Tecnica.
4 days ago
The most extreme C-Class on sale in India today looks sporty yet elegant
13 days ago
The new Mercedes-AMG C 43 is bolder, more powerful and promises to offer better performance than its predecessor, despite having a smaller engine. So, can it live up to those claims? Let’s find out!
15 days ago
A power upgrade and more features push the price up but make one of Mercedes' best-sellers more interesting
15 days ago
The vehicle sports a colour scheme inspired by the team’s SC63 hybrid endurance racecar prototype