New Generation Mahindra Thar: All You Need To Know
By Charanpreet Singh
1 mins read
16-Aug-20 05:25 PM IST
- New Thar will go on sale in India on October 2, 2020
- The new Thar was unveiled in India on the 74th Independence Day
- New Mahindra Thar will get both soft-top & hard-top configurations
1. The all-new Mahindra Thar SUV managed to retain its iconic design courtesy of the new grille which is flanked by classic round headlamps. The aesthetic appeal of the SUV is underlined by LED DRLs, purpose-built bumpers, new LED taillights, new alloy wheels, front fog lamps among others. This is the first time when the next-gen off-roader will be made available in soft-top as well as hard-top. The SUV is built on a new body-on-frame platform, making it significantly bigger than the outgoing version.
2. The new Mahindra Thar comes with an all-black cabin giving it an upmarket appeal with sporty seats and a host of creature comforts as compared to the older Thar. It now gets a new 7-touchscreen infotainment system featuring Apple Car Play & Android Auto with an integrated voice command. Interestingly, the washable interiors of the Thar make the off-roading experience more stress-free. Also, the buttons and controls on the new Thar is IP54 certified, meaning it is dust and water-resistant, built to withstand off-roading adventures.
Also Read: 2020 Mahindra Thar SUV: Variants Explained
3. In terms of features, the SUV comes loaded with roof-mounted weather-resistant speakers, a colour multi-info display for the instrument cluster, a rear-view camera, tilt-adjustable steering wheel with mounted audio controls, cruise control, power-folding mirrors, keyless entry, rear de-mister and more.
4. For safety, the new Mahindra Thar SUV comes equipped with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, cruise control, hill-hold and hill descent control, ESP, ISOFIX child seat mounts and rear parking assist system. It also gets passenger airbag deactivation switch, seat belt reminder, speed sensing front door locks, vehicle over-speed warning and more.
5. The new Mahindra Thar will come in six colour options - Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige and Aquamarine. The Mystic Copper and Galaxy Grey are the two new shades added in the palette.
6. The new Thar will come in two series AX series & LX series, and in a total of three variants - AX AC, AX OPT & LX. The AX series is an off-road-focused offering will be seen with a choice of petrol and diesel powertrains, paired to a manual gearbox only. On the other hand, the LX series will get a diesel engine with a manual and an automatic transmission. The petrol engine will be seen with an automatic transmission only.
7. Under the hood, the SUV comes with the same 2.2-litre mHawk diesel and an all-new 2.0-litre mStallion petrol powertrain options. The BS6 compliant diesel unit makes 130 bhp and 300 Nm of torque, whereas the petrol mill develops 150 bhp and 320 Nm of power figures. Transmission duties will be carried out by a 6-speed manual gearbox and a 6-speed torque convertor automatic transmission. There will be an authentic manual shift on the fly 4X4 transfer case.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
Popular Mahindra Models
-7661 second ago
The Sonet likely to be launched in early 2024
-8126 second ago
The upgraded system can now learn to park in locations while the assisted parking function can now identify parking lines.
-5278 second ago
Honda Cars India achieves a milestone by delivering 200 units of the Elevate in Chennai
43 minutes ago
Tata said that the buses come with a 350-bar hydrogen storage tank, a 70 kW fuel cell as well as safety systems such as ESC.
2 hours ago
The BMW iX1 electric SUV will be launched on September 28, 2023.
2 hours ago
Hero says that it will pause taking bookings for the Karizma XMR from midnight on September 30.
3 hours ago
The five millionth Tesla, was a Model 3 Highland in Pearl White, produced at the Shanghai plant.
5 hours ago
Ford's software includes specialised algorithms for both day and night conditions, optimising brake light detection.
17 hours ago
The motorcycle is powered by a 250 cc single-cylinder engine developed from the ground up by Triumph
21 hours ago
Jorge Martin, riding for Pramac, narrowly held onto second place in a fierce contest against Fabio Quartararo on a Yamaha.
11 days ago
Powering the armoured vehicle is powered by a 3.2-liter multi-fuel diesel engine, featuring a 4x4 drivetrain and front and rear differential locks, delivering power output of 212 bhp.
23 days ago
Mahindra reported SUV sales of 37,270 units in the domestic market while cumulative sales stood at 70,350 units.
1 month ago
Mahindra’s future EVs will all sit on the INGLO platform and will include electrified versions of the brand’s existing model portfolio.
1 month ago
The Mahindra Thar.e concept showcased at the event will be the first vehicle to bear the brand’s new visual identity
1 month ago
The Thar.e is built on the INGLO platform which will underpin 5 other electric SUVs in the future