Planning To Buy A Used Honda Jazz? Pros And Cons Here
- The Honda Jazz is one of the oldest nameplateds in the Indian market.
- It's one of the most spacious premium hatchbacks in the Indian market.
- Both petrol and diesel options are on offer in the used car market.
The 2020 Honda Jazz is one of the oldest nameplates still on sale in India. It is offered in only three variants - V, VX and ZX and all three trims will come with a CVT automatic option as well. The Honda Jazz received a mild update just last year and now the old model is available in the used car market. The good thing is that the previous model too isn't much different from the current one. If you are planning to buy a used Honda Jazz, here are few pros and cons you should look at.
- The Honda Jazz is well-equipped on the inside and the feature list includes push-button engine start/stop, Smart key with keyless remote, auto-climate control, 7-inch Digipad infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto among others.
- Standard safety features include dual front airbags, anti-lock braking system (ABS) with electronic brake force distribution (EBD), rear parking sensors, impact mitigation front headrests, pedestrian injury mitigation and anti-theft immobiliser system. Top-end variants of the Jazz also gets multi-view rear camera with Guidelines.
- Under the hood, the Honda jazz gets the 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine which is now BS6 compliant. The engine is tuned to belt out 89 bhp and 110 Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed manual transmission while the seven-step CVT automatic gearbox is also offered on all variants. The 1.5-litre diesel engine is still available in the used car market but has been discontinued in newer models.
- The Honda Jazz looks a bit dated since we are so used to seeing this design for ages.
- The low-speed ride quality of the Honda Jazz feels a bit too stiff on broken roads or rough surfaces.
- The material quality and fit & finish of the interiors could have been improved, since we're used to seeing better cabin from Honda.