The 2017 Ford EcoSport has been unveiled for India and Carandbike.com exclusively brought you the first look of the all-new subcompact SUV. The model has been on sale in 2013 and really kick-started the subcompact SUV segment boom. However, the competition is newer and more loaded as well on the feature front and the EcoSport facelift aims to put up a tougher fight against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Honda WR-V and Mahindra TUV300. With the launch slated for sometime in November this year, here's all you need to know about the 2017 Ford EcoSport.
Also Read: Ford EcoSport SUV Launched in India
- The 2017 Ford EcoSport facelift first made its global debut early this year at the 2017 LA Auto Show. The updated subcompact SUV makes its debut in India, almost a year later.
- The all-new Ford EcoSport gets comprehensive upgrades to its design. While the overall silhouette remains the same, the front has been reprofiled with a new and wider hexagonal grille, larger headlamps with projector lens and LED daytime running lights. The front bumper has been reworked as well and now accommodates beefy looking foglamps. There are also new alloy wheels, new spare wheel cover and revised taillights. The roof rails are new as well. Read: Exclusive: 2017 Ford EcoSport Unboxed in India
- Inside, the new Ford EcoSport gets an an all-black cabin with the top trims featuring leather upholstery. The biggest update though is the new floating 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports the much advanced SYNC 3 system and also Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity. The larger unit though is offered only on the top trims, while the other variants get a smaller 6.5-inch touchscreen unit.
- The new SYNC 3 version brings in a host of upgrades on the Ford EcoSport facelift with voice command allowing you to make phone calls and play music. A new climate control system is also in place with a digital display. The feature is available across most trims barring the base version. Also Read: 2017 Ford EcoSport Variants Explained
- The new Ford EcoSport comes with a total of six airbags on the top trims, while dual front airbags are offered on trims, save for the base one. All variants though come with ABS as standard. In addition, Ford's Emergency Assistance system is on offer as well that will automatically calls emergency services in case of an accident.
- Also making its debut on the 2017 Ford EcoSport facelift is the all-new 1.5-litre naturally aspirated three-cylinder petrol engine. The new motor is part of the automaker's Dragon series (internal codename) and has been tuned to produce 120 bhp and 150 Nm of peak torque. The new Ti-VCT motor comes paired to a new 6-speed automatic transmission. The new petrol will also make it on export models.
- The tried and tested 1.5-litre four-cylinder TDCi diesel engine continues to be on offer and is good to produce 99 bhp. All engines will come paired to a 5-speed manual transmission.
- The 1.0-litre EcoBoost engine that was originally offered on the Ford EcoSport will now be discontinued.
- The EcoSport will continue to be produced at Ford India's facility near Chennai. The manufacturing facility also makes the model for export markets and will be shipping the SUV to the US as well.
- The new Ford EcoSport is all set to be launched in the country sometime next month. Bookings for the new model are yet to begin officially; whereas dealers are offering discounts on the outgoing model to clear stocks.