2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA: All You Need To Know
By Charanpreet Singh
1 mins read
26-May-21 05:21 PM IST
- The new Mercedes-Benz GLA was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo
- The new Mercedes-Benz GLA comes in 3 variants - 200, 200d & 200d 4M
- Prices of the all-new GLA are introductory; To be revised on July 1, 2021
- The all-new Mercedes-Benz GLA will be available in three variants - petrol 200, diesel 220d and the 220d 4M. Both the regular and the AMG version of the new-gen Mercedes-Benz GLA comes to India via the CKD (Completely Knocked-Down) route. The GLA 200 and GLA 220d are offered in Progressive Line trim and the 220d 4matic in AMG-Line trim.
- The SUV gets a starting price of Rs. 42.10 lakh, going up to Rs. 46.7 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 4M is priced at Rs. 57.3 lakh (ex-showroom, India). The German carmaker has confirmed that these prices are introductory, and will see an upward revision of up to Rs. 1.5 lakh from July 1, 2021.
- Dimension-wise, the SUV measures 4,410 mm in length, 2,020 mm in width and 1,611 mm in height, while the wheelbase stands at 2,729 mm. However, the GLA 220d 4MATIC is slightly longer than the Progressive Line variants by 26 mm with a length of 4,436 mm. It will be available in five body colours - Mountain Grey, Iridium Silver, Cosmos Black, Denim Blue and Polar White.
- Aesthetically, the all-new Mercedes-Benz GLA looks more aggressive and muscular than its predecessor. It gets a signature diamond-stud pattern grille with a chrome slat at the centre and the sweptback LED headlamps with integrated LED DRLs. The rear section too gets all-new LED taillamps, sculpted boot lid, spoiler and a beefy bumper. The GLA also gets an option for either 18-inch or 19-inch alloy wheels.
- The cabin of the GLA has been revamped to match up with the elder siblings in the family. While the Progressive line gets black and beige upholstery along with Brown open-pore walnut trim on the dashboard, the AMG Line GLA 220d sports an Artico-DINAMICA combination. It features a 10.25-inch HD Media display unit for infotainment and instrumentation. The touchscreen unit comes powered by the NTG6 generation of MBUX with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity. The SUV packs 'Mercedes Me' connect offering connected services such as Alexa voice assistant, remote door lock/unlock, remote engine start, speed alert, geo-fencing, and more.
- In terms of features, the all-new GLA SUV gets 64-colour ambient lighting, electrically adjustable front seats with memory function, wireless smartphone charging, two-zone automatic climate control, a panoramic sunroof, and more. For safety, it comes equipped with 7-airbags, ABS with EBD, Active Brake Assist, Active Bonnet for pedestrian safety, Active Brakes, ESP and more.
- The new GLA SUV comes in both petrol and diesel engine options. The petrol unit is a 1.3-litre mill that makes 161 bhp and 250 Nm whereas the diesel engine is a 2.0-litre motor that churns out 188 bhp and 400 Nm. The former comes paired to a 7-speed DCT unit, while the latter gets an 8-speed G-tronic automatic torque converter unit.
- The GLA 200 petrol can sprint from 0 to 100 kmph in 8.7 seconds, while the GLA 220d can perform the same in just 7.4 seconds. The GLA 220d 4M can clock a three-figure mark in 7.3 seconds before hitting the top speed of 219 kmph. The top speed for the 220 petrol and 220d is 210 kmph and 222 kmph, respectively.
- In addition to a 3-year comprehensive warranty, the Stuttgart-based luxury carmaker is also offering an 8-year warranty on engine and transmission for both models.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
Popular Mercedes-Benz Models
-14626 second ago
Ford's software includes specialised algorithms for both day and night conditions, optimising brake light detection.
7 hours ago
The motorcycle is powered by a 250 cc single-cylinder engine developed from the ground up by Triumph
11 hours ago
Jorge Martin, riding for Pramac, narrowly held onto second place in a fierce contest against Fabio Quartararo on a Yamaha.
14 hours ago
Under this partnership all new Jaguars sold in the US, Canada, and Mexico from 2025 onwards will come equipped with North American Charging Standard
18 hours ago
This feature is compatible with a wide range of smart devices that support Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings,TP-Link, and myQ by Chamberlain Group
20 hours ago
Lenovo, the race title sponsor, collaborated with the renowned design studio Pininfarina to create these unique trophies.
20 hours ago
Liam Lawson, who has stood in for Ricciardo during his injury-enforced absence, will transition back to a reserve role within the Red Bull racing program.
1 day ago
A complete lights to flag victory was all the Spaniard would accept on Saturday in his bid to reignite his championship challenge.
1 day ago
The brand has stated that owing to the overwhelming response and the exponential wait times, the brand had to halt bookings for the Rumion CNG
1 day ago
This is the third registered vehicle scrapping facility from the brand in the country
19 days ago
Mercedes' new-gen high-riding E-class estate gets all-wheel drive, standard-fit air suspension, and some off-road-centric features.
19 days ago
These updates will roll out between August and November 2023 and will be available to models with second-generation MBUX systems.
25 days ago
Here’s how the EQE compares with the rest of its rivals on paper.
29 days ago
Other actors who own this SUV include the likes of Ayushmann Khurrana, Deepika Padukone, and Kriti Sanon
1 month ago
The EQE SUV made its global debut late last year and will be the first Mercedes SUV in India to be built on a dedicated EV platform.