2022 BMW X3 Facelift: All You Need To Know
- the BMW X3 facelift gets updated design, plusher cabin and more features.
- It's offered in two variants- xDrive30i SportX Plus and xDrive30i M Sport
- It gets a 2.0-litre petrol engine with an eight-speed auto transmission.
BMW has launched the new X3 Facelift in India and it now comes with updated looks, a plusher cabin and a new infotainment system. Its equipment list has been updated as well and it's now is a petrol only model. BMW is offering the X3 facelift in two variants - X3 xDrive30i SportS Plus priced at Rs. 59.90 lakh and the range-topping X3 xDrive30i M Sport priced at Rs. 65.90 lakh (all prices ex-showroom, India). Here's all you need to know about the new BMW X3 facelift.
Also Read: 2022 BMW X3 Facelift Launched In India
- The 2022 BMW X3 comes to India as a CKD (completely knocked down) unit and will be assembled at the company Chennai plant.
- It comes with several visual updates including a new, larger kidney grille with bold vertical chrome slats and border, and it's flanked by a pair of adaptive LED headlights with Matrix function. In the M Sport package, the front apron features larger air inlets finished in high-gloss black and air curtains. While both variants get new 19-inch alloy wheels, BMW is also offering optional 20-inch M alloy wheels as an early bird offer, with the M Sport trim.
- At the rear, the X3 comes with new LED taillamps with black borders that make them stand out, while the narrower light graphic now includes a three-dimensionally modelled pincer contour and horizontal turn signals. The SUV also gets new, larger flush-fitted dual exhaust pipes, and a sportier rear bumper.
- The X3 also comes with an updated cabin with revised features and new upholstery choices. In fact, the M Sport has an exclusive set interior package like Sport seats, Sensatec perforated upholstery, M leather steering wheel with multifunction buttons, M interior trim.
- The SUV also comes with Multi-function Sport Steering Wheel, electrical seat adjustment with memory function, and an exterior mirror package. BMW also offers a panoramic glass roof, welcome light carpet, ambient lighting with six dimmable designs, and 3-zone automatic climate control with new air vents.
- While the standard boot capacity is 550 litres, it can be expanded further to 1600 litres by folding down the 40/20/40 split rear seat backrest.
- In terms of other features, the X3 also gets a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster with BMW Live Cockpit Professional and 3D Navigation. The centre of the dashboard houses the 12.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, with BMW Gesture Control, along with wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and Harman Kardon surround sound system. BMW also offers Parking Assistant Plus with a 360-degree view camera.
- As for safety, the SUV offers 6 airbags, Attentiveness Assistance, Dynamic Stability Control (DSC), Cornering Brake Control (CBC), electric parking brake with auto hold, side-impact protection, electronic vehicle immobilizer and crash sensor, ISOFIX child seat mounting and integrated emergency spare wheel under the load floor.
- The BMW X3 is powered by a 2.0-litre in-line-four cylinder, TwinTurbo engine that makes 248 bhp at 5200 rpm and develops 350 Nm of peak torque at 1450-4800 rpm. The engine comes mated to an 8-speed automatic Steptronic sport transmission, with an automatic hold function and paddle shifters.
- BMW's xDrive all-wheel-drive (AWD) system is also offered as a standard fitment, along with variable torque distribution, Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist. The SUV also comes with four driving modes - EcoPro, Comfort, Sport, Sport+, while the M Sport option also gets Dynamic Damper Control and Performance Control.