Hyundai Alcazar: Which Variant Should You Buy?
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
1 mins read
Published on July 7, 2021
- The Alcazar is offered in 6 key trims and 18 different iterations
- The Platinum MT and Platinum (O) AT are value for money options
- Except for dual-tone colours & ventilated seats all features are on offer
The Hyundai Alcazar was recently launched in India, and it is getting a lot of attention. While it is the three-row version of the second-generation Hyundai Creta, the new Alcazar comes with several elements and features that sets it apart, both from its 5-seater cousins as well as rivals like the Tata Safari and MG Hector Plus. The new Alcazar is offered in 6 major trims - Prestige, Prestige (O) AT Platinum, Platinum (O) AT, Signature and Signature (O) AT - and 14 different variants based on engine, transmission and seating options. If you count single tone and dual-tone options, then that number goes up to 18. While the engine and the colour options purely depend on your requirements, simply based on feature offerings, we believe the Platinum MT and AT variants offer the most bang for your buck. And here are 5 reasons why?
1. Platinum is the mid-spec trim of the Hyundai Alcazar and Hyundai is offering it in two options - Platinum MT and Platinum (O) AT. The former is only offered with a manual gearbox, while the latter only gets an automatic transmission. Except for a few features that are specific to the automatic trim, the remaining all offerings are standard in both cases so it all boils down to the type of transmission you want.
2. Out of the two our pick would be to go for the Platinum (O) AT. Not just because of the convenience of an automatic but mainly because this is the variant that comes with a 6-seater layout, which is basically why you would want to buy the Alcazar over the Creta. For that rear-seat comfort of the captain seats. Also, only the 6-seater option comes with a rear centre console with a secondary wireless charger and cup holders, a segment-first feature.
3. Of course, if you have more members in your family then the 7-seater Platinum MT would be a better option. In fact, this too gets the additional side and curtain airbags for the protection of rear seat occupants, bringing the total airbags to 6, along with the 360-degree surround-view camera and Blind view monitor (BVM). The latter two are not offered with the base model Prestige and neither does the Creta. The same features are offered with the Platinum (O) AT, including 18-inch diamond-cut alloys.
4. Even these mid-spec trims get features like - power-adjustable driver seat, 10.25-inch touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and BlueLink connectivity with OTA updates, air purifier with AQI reading, wireless charging, one-touch tumble function for 2nd-row seats, USB charger and air-con vents for 3rd row, voice-enabled panoramic sunroof and more. The only things that you don't get are ventilated front seats and dual-tone exterior colour options, which we don't think makes it a deal-breaker.
5. The petrol version of the Alcazar Platinum MT and Platinum (O) AT are priced at Rs. 18.22 lakh and Rs. 19.56 lakh, whereas the diesel models are priced at Rs. 18.48 lakh and Rs. 19.79 lakh, respectively (all prices ex-showroom, Delhi). Given the number of features on offer, the Platinum trim is certainly worth spending that extra premium over the Prestige variant of the Alcazar.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 8,000 km
- 24,110 km
- 72,000 km
- 20,156 km
- 64,000 km
- 85,000 km
- 75,000 km
- 70,123 km
- 22,000 km
- 49,000 km
Popular Hyundai Models
-19044 second ago
A strong push during the festive season helped Ola Electric achieve its highest-ever monthly sales, retaining its number-one position in the market.
-16682 second ago
Gauhar Khan and her husband, Zaid Darbar, were pictured together at the dealership in Mumbai while taking delivery of their new Mercedes.
-16012 second ago
Hero MotoCorp’s cumulative sales for November 2023 stood at 491,050 units, witnessing a 25.61 per cent increase year-on-year
-14125 second ago
-13547 second ago
The bikemaker’s cumulative motorcycle sales for the year 2023 stood at 621,672 units, reflecting a 13 per cent increase.
-11353 second ago
In the previous month, the automaker sold a total of 11,891 units, marking a growth of 24 per cent as compared to the same month last year.
-7643 second ago
At present, India’s largest carmaker holds just a little over 2.06 lakh open bookings, nearly a third of which are for the Ertiga.
-3501 second ago
New variant of the Chetak scooter gets some changes as compared to the Premium variant currently on sale.
-206 second ago
The cumulative sales for the Calendar Year 2023 reached 2,10,497 units - a 40 per cent growth over 2022
30 minutes ago
While sales were up in comparison to November 2022, Ather reported a 7 per cent decline in sales as compared to October 2023
7 days ago
This campaign aims to emphasise the importance of regular maintenance for Hyundai cars.
8 days ago
In the Navratri period, India's largest carmaker- Maruti Suzuki sold 96,700 units reporting a growth of 27 per cent in retail sales when compared to 76,000 units retailed in the same period last year.
10 days ago
Under this initiative, Hyundai states that all its dealerships across India will be wheelchair-accessible by February 2024
1 month ago
In October 2023, Hyundai's total sales stood at 68,728 units, witnessing a year-over-year growth of 18.48 per cent, compared to the 58,006 vehicles sold in October 2022.
1 month ago
The micro-SUV from Hyundai nearly took 2 months to achieve this booking milestone.