Planning To Buy A Used Ford Aspire? 5 Things To Know
By Sameer Contractor
2 mins read
Published on July 31, 2022
The Ford Aspire marked the automaker's entry in the subcompact sedan segment and the model was also a decent seller for the company. Offered with both petrol and diesel engines, the sedan was launched in August 2015 and even received a midlife facelift in 2018 with the addition of a CNG version. Sadly, the car had to be discontinued owing to Ford's exit from the Indian market. But the Aspire was one of the few cars in the segment that did offer excellent driving dynamics, which made it a fun sedan to upgrade to. With the model now discontinued, you can get a pre-owned Aspire for some really good prices. If you are planning to bring home a used Ford Aspire, here are five things you should know about.
1. The Ford Aspire remains one of the more proportional designs in the subcompact sedan space. The design has aged well and was als updated in 2018 that gave it a fresh appeal. However, the model does miss out on features like projector lens headlamps, LED DRLs, LED taillights and more. That said, the sedan has a sturdy feel to its build quality that stays with the pre-owned examples too.
2. The feature list covers all the essentials including Bluetooth connectivity, multi-function steering wheel, MID unit and more. However, the small boot of 359 litres makes for a less practical cargo space. On the safety front, the car arrived with dual airbags, while the 1.5-litre petrol engine with the automatic transmission got six airbags as standard.
3. Engine options on the Aspire include the 1.2-litre petrol that gets a 5-speed manual. The 1.5-litre diesel also gets a 5-speed manual and offers a good mix of performance and efficiency. There's also the 1.5-litre petrol with the dual-clutch automatic transmission as standard. The Aspire diesel is quite popular in the used car segment while the 1.2 petrol is available in larger numbers as well.
4. Ford has clarified that the company plans to provide after sales and service support for the next five years. The diesel engine is known to be pocket-friendly in terms of ownership while there's a decent support for spares.
5. Prices for a used Ford Aspire start from as low as Rs. 2.5 lakh for the petrol versions, while the diesel models are priced at a premium of about Rs. 50,000. The manual versions are more abundantly available in the pre-owned market while the 1.5 AT will be a rare find.
Last Updated on July 31, 2022
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 46,630 km
- 9,800 km
- 29,000 km
- 73,810 km
- 48,262 km
- 85,500 km
- 72,000 km
- 36,800 km
- 65,400 km
- 17,459 km
-17318 second ago
The new video shows the subcompact SUV’s redesigned tail section and confirms that it will get ADAS functions
-14548 second ago
The Mercedes-AMG CLE 53 4MATIC+ Coupe has an upgraded 3.0-litre inline six-cylinder turbo engine producing 442 bhp and 560 Nm torque.
-6790 second ago
The Swift will be powered by a 1.2 litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that puts out 81 bhp and 108 Nm of torque
-6046 second ago
The Revuelto is powered by a 6.5 litre V12 engine mated to three electric motors that churn out a combined 1001 bhp
-2352 second ago
Kia India takes the wraps off its new EV charging initiative, the K-Charge. It will be available to non-Kia EV owners as well.
-1814 second ago
Milestone was reached about 7 years after the plant commenced operations in February 2017.
1 minute ago
Hero MotoCorp and Ather Energy come together to form a partnership for an inter-operable fast-charging network in India.
49 minutes ago
Kawasaki is offering discount vouchers on the Vulcan S, Ninja 400, Ninja 650 and Versys 650 in its lineup with benefits going up to Rs. 60,000
1 hour ago
India-spec compact SUV to get a different design from the model sold in global markets.
1 hour ago
FADA reports that retail sales for automobiles in India were at an all-time high, with 28.54 lakh vehicles sold, surpassing 25.69 lakh vehicles sold in March 2020, when the industry transitioned from BS4 to BS6.
25 days ago
The California Special pack is only available with the Mustang GT models and adds unique blue cosmetic elements to the vehicle.
2 months ago
The Ford EcoSport has been popular choice in the subcompact segment, and now that the car has been discontinued, the car is only available in the used car space. If you are planning to get one, here are some pros and cons you must know about.
2 months ago
Sedans measuring in more than 4 metres to 4.5 metres which belong to the compact sedan segment haven't been doing too well and the figures tell the tale. This includes cars like the Hyundai Verna, Maruti Suzuki Ciaz and even the Toyota Yaris and Honda City.
2 months ago
Every year, we see car manufacturers trying their luck in India by coming up with concoctions that would make you fall in love with their cars. This year, it all began with the Delhi Auto Expo and from what we saw, we knew that it was going to be an exciting year. We compile a list of the best car launched by each manufacturer this year to applaud the effort they've put in.
2 months ago
Ford's software includes specialised algorithms for both day and night conditions, optimising brake light detection.