Lexus is all set to launch the NX 300h in India and it will be the company's fourth product here. The NX 300h will be the company's most affordable as also smallest model in India. At the launch of the brand in March this year, the company had announced that there will be more cars coming later in the year and well, here it is. It was in September this year that the company announced that it was breaking away from its parent company Toyota to set up an independent organisation. The Japanese luxury car manufacturer will now be known as 'Lexus India', and the restructuring will help further its growth in the Indian market. Lexus's portfolio in India is a hybrid-focused one and it includes cars like the ES300h sedan and RX450h crossover, while the LX 450d is the sole diesel model in the line-up. The NX 300h will add to this hybrid line-up and it's all set to be launched in India on November 17 and we have all the details of the car for you.
Here's all you need to know about the Lexus NX 300h
- On the styling front, the NX 300h comes with the signature Lexus grille and the logo comes with a blue backlight to signify its hybrid nature.
- The SUV comes with sharp LED headlamps and independent LED daytime running lamps below them.
The NX 300h will be available in two variants in India
- The aggressive front bumper house the round LED foglamps housed L-shaped plastic cladding and there are some subtle character lines along the bonnet and the profile.
- The flared wheel arches get plastic cladding and there are side skirts and roof rails as well. Also Read: Lexus India Studying Possibility Of Setting Up Assembly Units
- The rear end comes with sharp wraparound LED taillamps, roof-mounted spoiler and a rear diffuser as well.
- The cabin of the NX 300h will come with high-quality leather interiors with soft-touch materials and a 10.3-inch infotainment screen.
- Lexus will offer the NX 300h in two variants - Luxury and the F-Sport.
- As the Lexus NX 300h name suggests, we will be getting the hybrid version of the car which is powered by a 2.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine paired with an electric motor which will produce a total of 194 bhp.
- Lexus will, like its other models, sell the SUV in India as a fully-imported unit. The NX300h is a direct rival to the locally assembled Mercedes GLC and the Audi Q5, but thanks to high import duties, it will be priced way above the competition.
- We expect the price of the Lexus NX300h to start at Rs 75 lakh and go all the way up to ₹ 78 lakh.
- Bookings for the car have begun at all Lexus dealerships in the country.