2021 Audi Q5 Unveiled In India: What We Know So Far
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
1 mins read
22-Oct-21 05:41 PM IST
- Audi Q5 facelift is expected to be launched in India later this month
- The 2021 Audi Q5 facelift can be pre-booked for a token of Rs. 2 lakh
- The Audi Q5 facelift will be sold as a completely knocked down (CKD) unit
- The Audi Q5 comes to our market as a completely knocked down (CKD) unit and is assembled at Audi's parent company, VW Group's Skoda Auto Volkswagen India Private Limited (SAVWIPL) plant in Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
Also Read: Audi India Begins Local Production Of The New Q5 Facelift
- Audi globally unveiled the facelifted Q5 in June 2020, and ahead of its India debut, prototype models of the luxury SUV were spotted undergoing testing near Pune.
- The Audi Q5 moniker is coming back to India after a hiatus of about 18 months. The pre-facelift Audi Q5, which was a BS4 model, hasn't been on sale in India since April 2020.
Also Read: Audi Q5 Facelift Makes Global Debut; India Launch In 2021
- Visually, the 2021 Audi Q5 comes with a new, larger single-frame grille with chrome borders, along with vertical slats also finished in chrome, and a silver skid plate. The SUV also gets larger foglamp housings, which are finished in black, along with silver roof rails and side skirts.
- In terms of exterior features, the Q5 comes with a pair of revised full-LED headlamps, with new LED daytime running lamps, while Audi will offer Matrix LED headlamps as an optional feature. The SUV also gets 19-inch 5 double-spoke star style alloy wheels, along with brand new OLED taillights with 3 different rear light signatures or patterns.
- Inside, the Q5 now gets a refreshed cabin featuring black interior trim with tan leather upholstery and matching panels on the doors and centre console. Of course, Audi will offer more trim options and customisation choices. The SUV also gets a new steering wheel, dual-zone automatic climate control and a tonne of storage options.
- In terms of features, the SUV will get the 3rd generation Modular Infotainment Platform or MIB 3. The system is equipped with a 10.1-inch display, which is standard. Other expected features include - wireless phone charger, Audi Park Assist, Comfort key with sensor-controlled boot-lid operation, Audi Exclusive Inlays in Black Piano Lacquer, Audi Virtual Cockpit Plus, B&O Premium 3D Sound System.
- With regards to safety, multiple airbags, antilock braking system (ABS) with electronic brakeforce distribution (EBD), electronic stability program (ESP), traction control (TC) and keyless entry among others are expected to be standard.
- Under the hood, the India-spec 2021 Audi Q5 will come with a 2.0-litre 45 TFSI petrol engine that makes 245 bhp and 370 Nm of peak torque. The engine also comes with a 12-volt mild-hybrid system with brake energy recuperation.
- The Audi Q5's 2.0-litre TFSI engine will be mated to a seven-speed S-Tronic automatic dual-clutch gearbox and will get the Quattro all-wheel drive (AWD) system as standard.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
Popular Audi Models
-16537 second ago
Prices will be hiked by about 1 per cent.
17 hours ago
This collaboration will create XFC cells that are finely tuned to meet the requirements of Volvo's forthcoming electric vehicle architectures
20 hours ago
Hyundai and Kia have issued a recall for 33 lakh vehicles of 25 models manufactured between the years 2010 to 2015 in accordance with regulations of the NHTSA in the United States. The risk stems from brake fluid leaks causing short circuits in electronic modules.
21 hours ago
Expected to draw heavily from the Kushaq, Skoda’s entry-level SUV will go up against the likes of the Tata Nexon and Maruti Suzuki Brezza.
22 hours ago
This limited-edition model is part of Porsche's celebration of its racing heritage at the Rennsport Reunion event in California and is not street-legal
1 day ago
The DB12 is equipped with a 4.0-litre twin-turbocharged V8 engine that makes higher power figures than the DB11’s V12
On display will be an all-new electric sports car concept, concepts made from recycled materials and a new battery-swapping tech equipped scooter concept.
1 day ago
Answering questions about the company's current backlog of orders, Shashank Srivastava, Senior Executive Officer, Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India said that the company’s total number of pending orders is more than 3.2 lakh units.
The spy shots of the 2024 Audi Q7 reveal a new grille design, altered placement of the LED DRLs and a revised alloy wheel design
The highest displacement Pulsar will borrow the same mill from the Dominar 400
12 days ago
The limited-run Q5 sports the Mythos Black shade and gets blacked-out styling cues.
19 days ago
The special edition has been launched in the wake of the upcoming festive season
1 month ago
Both the standard and coupe-SUV versions of the EV are available with two powertrain options.
2 months ago
Selected models include the A4/A5, Q5, A6/A7, A8, Q8 e-tron, and Audi e-tron GT quattro1.
2 months ago
The Q8 e-tron is an EV that doesn’t try too hard to be different and does everything expected from a luxury SUV exceptionally well