2021 Mercedes-AMG GLA 35: All You Need To Know
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
1 mins read
26-May-21 07:42 PM IST
- The Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 has been launched at Rs. 57.30 lakh
- The new AMG GLA 35 is locally assembled at the company's Chakan plant
- The Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 is powered by a 2.0-litre engine
Mercedes-Benz India has finally launched the much-anticipated second-generation GLA range in India recently. Along with the standard GLA model, as initially confirmed by us, the Stuttgart-based carmaker has also launched the performance-spec Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 in India. First showcased in India at the 2020 Auto Expo, the new AMG GLA 35 was supposed to be launched in mid-2020, along with the regular GLA luxury compact SUV, however, Mercedes-Benz India had to postpone the launch on several occasions due to challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, the Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 has finally reached our shores, and here's everything you need to know about it.
- The Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 4Matic, along with the regular version, will be assembled in India, at the company's Chakan plant near Pune, Maharashtra. This makes it the third AMG model to be locally assembled in India, after the AMG GLC 43 4Matic Coupe, and the AMG A 35 4Matic Limousine.
- The locally assembled second-gen AMG GLA 35 has been launched at Rs. 57.30 lakh (ex-showroom, India) making it the most affordable AMG SUV in the company lineup. However, this is an introductory price, and Mercedes-Benz India has said that it will increase the prices for the GLA range by Rs. 1.5 lakh from July 1, 2021.
- The Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 4Matic is powered by a 2.0-litre, four-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that is tuned to make 302 bhp at 5800 rpm and develops a peak torque of 400 Nm at 3000-4000 rpm. The 1,991 cc engine comes mated to an AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 8G unit, which is an 8-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. It also gets Mercedes' 4Matic all-wheel-drive system.
Also Read: 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA: All You Need To Know
- Visually, the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLA looks a bit more butch now compared to its predecessor, thanks to the sculpted lines on the bonnet and sides. The AMG GLA 35 in particular, comes with the signature Panamericana grille with vertical chrome slats, and a more aggressive bumper with wider air intakes. It also gets a set of 19-inch AMG-style 5-twin-spoke light-alloy wheels, painted in Tantalite Grey with a high-sheen finish.
- In term of exterior features, the car comes with adaptive MULTIBEAM LED headlamps with 18 individually controllable high-performance LEDs, adaptive all-LED taillights, polished Aluminium roof rails, electrically operable ORVMs, and a panoramic sunroof. The SUV also gets a rear spoiler and two twin diffusers for efficient aerodynamics. The dual round exhaust pipes, with chrome elements and certain element, in the bumper enhance the sharp characteristics.
- The cabin of the AMG GLA 35 gets an all-black treatment with an AMG-specific multi-functional flat-bottom steering wheel, a widescreen unit with twin digital displays for instrumentation and infotainment, and attractive diffusers. It also gets ergonomically contoured sport seats in DINAMICA microfibre with red stitching. The highlights of the AMG model also include - Burmester surround sound system, AMG Suspension, Keyless entry, ambient lighting, wireless charging, electrically adjustable front seats with memory function and more.
- The Mercedes-AMG GLA 35 also comes with the latest generation MBUX system, equipped with the latest generation of telematics and high-end infotainment features as standard. Coupled with Mercedes ME Connect, the system offers a range of connectivity features like - vehicle diagnosis, remote access, geo-fencing, emergency call and voice assistance with Alexa & Google Home support. The system can be accessed via the touchscreen display, the central trackpad, the steering controls, or simply by the voice command "Hello Mercedes".
- With the AMG GLA 35, Mercedes-Benz India is also offering its special 8-year Engine and Transmission warranty, which covers issues related to - engine, torque converter, transmission, associated electrical and electronics. It covers repairs or 8 years/ unlimited kilometres. This is in addition to the standard 3-year warranty that Mercedes offers and is fully transferable to the next owner.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
Popular Mercedes-AMG Models
-10954 second ago
The Spaniard will depart Repsol Honda after a 11-year partnership that delivered six MotoGP world titles between 2013 and 2023.
-10619 second ago
The facelifted Harrier appears to have a larger touchscreen and new digital instruments display.
-5549 second ago
The German luxury car manufacturer retailed a total of 5,530 units, marking an 88 per cent growth in sales
-1798 second ago
The teaser image shows the two mystery concepts alongside silhouettes of the EV9, EV6 and EV5.
34 minutes ago
The Hyper Urban concept offers the potential for hardware updates, like having the interior refreshed with a new instrument panel
44 minutes ago
This luxury SUV is offered in three variants, with ex-showroom prices ranging from Rs 91 lakh to Rs 1.08 crore
57 minutes ago
The EM90 will be Volvo's third born-electric model after the EX90 and EX30 and the brand's first MPV.
1 hour ago
The AMT gearbox will be available as an option across all non-turbo variants of the Magnite.
2 hours ago
New suspension, updated brakes, tweaks to the engine, better accessibility and affordability are the focus areas of the 2024 Triumph Scrambler 1200 range.
3 hours ago
India accounted for 32.6 per cent of Suzuki Motor Corporation's cumulative global sales.
6 days ago
While both cars are powered by a 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine, the GLC 63 S also gets an additional electric motor, boosting its power output
1 month ago
Second-gen AMG GT grows in size, gets a new 2+2 seating layout and arrives with more powerful V8 engines.
3 months ago
Mercedes-Benz has launched the new AMG SL55, its open-top sportscar in the Indian market. Here’s everything you need to know about it
4 months ago
Under the Manufaktur program, customers can select from a range of colours for the exterior, a choice of upholstery options, and more.
4 months ago
The SL range is one of Mercedes-Benz’s most acclaimed range of open-top sportscars and gained quite a fan-following in India when it was sold here.