Planning To Buy The Volkswagen T-Roc? Pros And Cons
The T-Roc comes to India as a completely built unit and in typical VW fashion, is a drivers' car. So, what are its pros and cons, we list out the details for you
Volkswagen India launched the T-Roc SUV in the country in March 2020 and since then the car has had phenomenal success. In fact, the first batch of cars was sold out in no time and the second batch of cars too have a lot of takers and the interest in the car is growing. The company increased the price of the car this year and it now costs Rs. 21.35 lakh. The T-Roc comes to India as a completely built unit and in typical VW fashion, is a drivers' car. So, what are its pros and cons, we list out the details for you before you zero down on your buying decision.
Also Read: Volkswagen Virtus Review: 1.0 TSI And 1.5 TSI Automatics Driven
- Built on the MQB platform, the model promises impressive driving dynamics, while also being efficient with cylinder deactivation technology also being on offer.
- The Volkswagen T-Roc gets an all-black cabin with soft-touch upholstery and there are chrome highlights on the central console and around switch knobs
The T-Roc comes with hotkeys for SOS, and road-side assistance.
- On the features front, you get LED daytime running lights, projector lens headlamps, a panoramic sunroof, dual-tone alloy wheels, leather upholstery, auto climate control, touchscreen infotainment system and Virtual Cockpit among others
- The Volkswagen T-Roc comes with the 1.5-litre TSI EVO petrol engine tuned to produce 147 bhp and 250 Nm of peak torque. The motor is paired with the 7-speed DSG automatic transmission.
- The SUV can sprint from 0-100 kmph in 8.4 seconds and has a top speed of 205 kmph. There are a host of safety systems in place including six airbags, ABS, ESC, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) and more.
- The footprint of the T-Roc is small compared to some other SUVs in this price range
- The rear seat of the T-Roc can seat just two individuals. A third occupant will be starved for underthigh support as also knee room
- The T-Roc is not available in manual transmission at all and you will therefore have to settle in for the automatic.