Toyota Yaris: All You Need To Know
By Carandbike Team
2 mins read
Published on February 16, 2018
Toyota Kirloskar Motors introduced us to its newest offering to the Indian market at the Auto Expo 2018. The Yaris is the company's latest car to be offered in India soon and the launch is just around the corner. The Yaris will jump into a highly competitive segment which has some very established players but Toyota too has done its share of research. Toyota will bet on the car's interior space, safety qualifications and styling to turn it into a volumes offering and of course the competitors are keeping a close eye on this product.
Here's all you need to know about the Toyota Yaris
- The design of the Toyota Yaris is reminiscent of the Corolla Altis and yes it does look like its younger sibling
The Yaris wears Toyota's global family look
- The Yaris gets an LED DRLs (daylight running lights) set in the bumper, and also sharp line design LED parking lights on the inner side of the headlamp cluster.
- The Yaris comes with many segment-first features like 7 airbags (including curtain and knee airbags), a tyre pressure monitoring system, disc brakes on all wheels, a roof-mounted air recirculation vent with LED highlight for rear passengers, a power adjust driver-side seat, parking sensors up front and gesture control for the audio.
The Toyota Yaris will come with a ton of features, some even segment first
- The mid variant of the Yaris will get the Start/Stop ignition button
- Toyota will offer the Yaris only with the 1.5 litre dual VVT-i petrol engine good enough for 108 bhp with the option of a 6-speed manual or 7-speed CVT auto.
- The Toyota Yaris also gets ABS with EBD, stability control, auto projector headlamps, alloy wheels, a shark fin antenna, rear camera, touchscreen navigation, faux leather seats, cruise control, paddle shift on the CVT, steering mounted controls
- The Yaris has received a 5 star safety rating in the ASEAN NCAP crash tests
- Toyota will manufacture the Yaris at its plant outside Bangalore. The company promises high local content at the start, which is likely to increase going ahead.
Expect the Yaris to have a spacious rear seating
- Expect prices of the Yaris to start from Rs. 8 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
- The Yaris will take on the Hyundai Verna, Honda City and Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
Last Updated on September 26, 2023
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 32,400 km
- 34,000 km
- 48,000 km
- 19,200 km
- 31,000 km
- 14,350 km
- 9,000 km
- 11,300 km
- 13,000 km
- 39,000 km
-15990 second ago
The Swift will be powered by a 1.2 litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine that puts out 81 bhp and 108 Nm of torque
-15246 second ago
The Revuelto is powered by a 6.5 litre V12 engine mated to three electric motors that churn out a combined 1001 bhp
-11552 second ago
Kia India takes the wraps off its new EV charging initiative, the K-Charge. It will be available to non-Kia EV owners as well.
-11014 second ago
Milestone was reached about 7 years after the plant commenced operations in February 2017.
-9124 second ago
Hero MotoCorp and Ather Energy come together to form a partnership for an inter-operable fast-charging network in India.
-6227 second ago
Kawasaki is offering discount vouchers on the Vulcan S, Ninja 400, Ninja 650 and Versys 650 in its lineup with benefits going up to Rs. 60,000
-4600 second ago
India-spec compact SUV to get a different design from the model sold in global markets.
-4225 second ago
FADA reports that retail sales for automobiles in India were at an all-time high, with 28.54 lakh vehicles sold, surpassing 25.69 lakh vehicles sold in March 2020, when the industry transitioned from BS4 to BS6.
26 minutes ago
Honda Cars India is offering discounts and benefits of up to Rs 89,000 on the City and Amaze, depending on the variant
16 hours ago
The price hike is in relation to increased commodity prices and the rising costs attributed to inflation
12 days ago
In the Navratri period, India's largest carmaker- Maruti Suzuki sold 96,700 units reporting a growth of 27 per cent in retail sales when compared to 76,000 units retailed in the same period last year.
14 days ago
The new plant will increase Toyota’s production capacity by 1 lakh units per annum and will be completed by 2026.
18 days ago
The Crown Signia employs a hybrid powertrain, combining a 2.5-litre gasoline engine with two electric motor-generators
20 days ago
This marks the first time that the sedan will be sold only with a hybrid powertrain in the US
23 days ago
The new generation Camry will debut alongside a new Crown variant at the upcoming Los Angeles Auto Show on November 14th.