Audi has kick-started this new year with a cracker of a car - the new 2018 Audi Q5. It's the new generation of the Audi Q5 and yes, it's updated in terms of design and features and now is more in tune with the times. The model was first launched in India in 2011 and since then has been among the best-selling models for the company in that segment. However, in the six years that have passed, there are a lot more competitors to contend with and Audi has had to make sure that the new generation of the Audi Q5 gets all the bells and whistles to take on its rivals. The car was launched just recently and prices start at ₹ 53.25 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). But there's more to the car, than just the price and we'll tell you all about it.
Also Read: 2018 Audi Q5 Review
Here's All You Need TO Know About The 2018 Audi Q5
- The 2018 Audi Q5 is based on the flexible MLB Evo platform and mimics the design of the larger Q7.
- The new SUV is lighter by a good 65 kg over the predecessor and has also grown in dimensions sporting a longer wheelbase and height.
- The design is sharper with cleaner lines on the Audi Q5. There's the new single-frame grille, Matrix LED headlamps, and a sporty bonnet. The rear sports LED taillights, a roof-mounted spoiler and a new bumper with a rear diffuser.
- The mid-size luxury SUV, slots right between the Q3 and the Q7
- The new Q5 gets Audi's signature 12.3-inch virtual cockpit instrument cluster, which can be programmed to show two different layouts, classic and progressive.
- The Audi Q5 also gets an 8.3-inch MMI infotainment system too gets an upgrade, with the company replacing the control knob with a trackpad and four toggle buttons. The trackpad can recognise handwriting as well.
- With the rear seats up, the Q5 has a boot-space of 510 litres and with the seats down, the SUV can gobble up almost 1,500 litres of luggage.
- It gets features such as smartphone integration, intelligent voice dialogue system, wireless charging for Qi-enabled phones, 10GB worth storage space for your music, navigation, three-zone climate control, cruise control, leather upholstery and electrically adjustable leather seats
- The new-gen Audi Q5 has been awarded 5-stars from Euro NCAP and gets 8 airbags. There's also a reverse parking camera, hill-hold and tyre pressure monitoring system.
- The new Audi Q5 uses a 2.0-litre TDI engine, which makes 187 bhp of max power at 3,800-4,000 rpm and 400 Nm at 1,750-3,000 rpm. The engine has been mated to a new 7-speed S tronic automatic transmission. The petrol will come later in the year.
- The Q5 does a 0-100 kmph sprint in 7.8 seconds and has a top speed of 218 kmph. The ARAI claimed fuel efficiency is 17.01 kmpl, which is more than impressive for a mid-size luxury SUV.
- There are the five driving modes on the Q5 which are - Comfort, Dynamic, Auto, Individual and Off-road.
- The new-gen Q5 rivals the likes of the Mercedes-Benz GLC, Land Rover Discovery Sport, BMW X3 as well as the newly launched Volvo XC60.