Kia Carens Three-Row MPV: What We Know So Far
By Sameer Contractor
1 mins read
Published on November 29, 2021
- The Kia Carens is expected to share its underpinnings with the Seltos
- The Kia Carens will sport a different design and will be longer too
- The Kia offering will make its global debut in India on December 16, 2021
Kia India has confirmed that its next launch in the market will be a multi-seater offering. that will make its global debut on December 16, 2021. The brand's upcoming three-row model has been internally codenamed 'KY' but the latest spy shots revealed that it will be called Kia Carens upon launch. The model is scheduled to make its public debut on December 16, 2021, which is when we get to know more about what the Hyundai Alcazar rival will have to offer. But before getting complete details on the upcoming offering, let's tell you a bit about what we do know so far about the Kia Carens, ahead of its global reveal.
Also Read: Kia Carens MPV Makes Global Debut In India
- 1. The Kia Carens three-row offering will be based on the Kia Seltos compact SUV. The Kia KY is expected to sport an SUV-like design and will be positioned below the Carnival in the company's stable.
- The seven-seater though is likely to sport a longer wheelbase over the Seltos while borrowing design cues from the compact SUV and also Kia's new global design language.
- The longer wheelbase promises better legroom in the cabin for the second and third-row passengers. Also, expect improvements to the headroom and possibly a slightly raised ride height.
- We expect to see a six-seater version with captain seats in the second row also making it to the offering, while the seven-seater configuration will be standard.
- On the styling front, familiar elements like the tiger-nose grille, LED headlamps with signature LED DRLs, wraparound LED taillights and more will make it to the model. The cabin could carry quite a bit from the Seltos but we do expect to see newer elements like a digital instrument cluster, a larger touchscreen infotainment system, a panoramic sunroof and more.
Also Read: Exclusive: Kia EV6 Review
- The upcoming Kia KY is also expected to carry over the engine options from the Seltos that could include the 1.5-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel. Transmission choices will also be the same. It needs to be seen if Kia introduces the 2.0-litre petrol seen on the Alcazar from the Hyundai Group on the Carens as well.
- The production version of the Kia KY will arrive in 2022 but an exact launch timeline is yet to be announced.
- Kia will announce more details about that at the global debut next month. Expect prices in the range of Rs. 16-22 lakh space (ex-showroom) when the Carens goes on sale.
- The new offering will have quite a few rivals to face off against including the Toyota Innova Crysta, Hyundai Alcazar, Tata Safari, MG Hector Plus and the Mahindra XUV700.
Last Updated on November 29, 2021
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 85,000 km
- 70,123 km
- 49,000 km
- 83,000 km
- 55,000 km
- 75,000 km
- 41,489 km
- 1,18,054 km
- 77,000 km
- 44,300 km
-16222 second ago
The standard W175 is now priced from Rs 1.22 lakh (ex-showroom) positioning it under the W175 Street.
-14905 second ago
The scooter is offered with a special battery subscription scheme, which drives the initial price down and requires the buyer to pay a monthly subscription fee
-14042 second ago
The design patent shows the final production EV will be close to the Sierra concept showcased at the 2023 Auto Expo.
-6993 second ago
The model is offered in both single and double cab guises in Algeria, while Brazil focuses solely on the four-door model
-2022 second ago
The Renault Kwid and Triber get benefits up to Rs 50,000 while the Kiger gets maximum discounts of up to Rs 65,000
16 hours ago
The partnership looks to set up 7,000 electric vehicle charging stations across India.
17 hours ago
Stellantis and Ample have already established a pilot program that will begin in Madrid, Spain, in 2024 and will be using 100 Fiat 500e EVs within Stellantis Free2move car-sharing service.
19 hours ago
The one-off creation is mechanically identical to the standard Chiron Super Sport but features elements inspired by the Type 57 SC Atlantic such as the bespoke paint finish and chrome grille.
20 hours ago
Bridgestone will take over from Hankook, which is the present tyre supplier for the single-seater electric racing championship.
21 hours ago
Measures undertaken by Renault include complimentary road-side assistance, expedited insurance claim settlement and extended working hours at service centres.
13 days ago
Updated Sonet to get styling changes to the exterior and is expected to also pack in more tech.
23 days ago
Air purifiers are important not just for your home but also inside your cars
29 days ago
How does the new kid on the block compare to some of the established players in the segment?
1 month ago
The two-tone cabin might look identical to the third-gen model at first glance, but there are a few changes.
1 month ago
The Seltos was highest-selling model in the brand’s lineup with 12,362 units