New Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 vs Used Alto K10: Which One Offers Better Value?
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
4 mins read
Published on August 18, 2022
- The new Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is priced from Rs. 4 lakh to Rs. 5.8 lakh.
- The Alto K10 was first launched in India in 2010.
- A used Alto K10 will be priced from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 4 lakh.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is one of the most popular cars in India, and the Indo-Japanese carmaker has now launched the new-gen K10 model. The company first introduced the Alto K10 in India back in 2010 and it was on sale until a couple of years ago. However, now the model has returned in a new avatar with a new look, better creature comforts and a new engine. The prices start at Rs. 4 lakh and go up to Rs. 5.84 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
However, you still get the older generation 2015 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 in the used car market for as low as nearly half the price of the entry variant of the new Alto. Surely that depends on the condition of the car. But the question is which one offers the better value? Well, here are some pros and cons that may help you decide better.
New Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
The new Alto K10, in addition to an all-new look, also comes with better fit and finish, and modern creature comforts.
- The 2022 Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is, well, 'NEW' and nothing can beat the feeling of driving out of the showroom with a brand-new car. The feel-good factor is certainly in the favour of the new Alto K10.
- But it's not just that. The new Alto K10, in addition to an all-new look, also comes with better fit and finish, and modern creature comforts like - a touchscreen infotainment system, up to 4 speakers, a digital speedometer, remote keyless entry and more.
- Customers buying the new Alto K10 will have the choice of customisations. The car is available in 6 colours with 3 all-new colour options - Sizzling Red, Speedy Blue and Earth Gold. In addition to that, Maruti is also offering two pre-designed theme packs - Impacto and Glinto, and each comes with several additional accessories.
The new Alto K10 gets a touchscreen infotainment system, up to 4 speakers, a digital speedometer, remote keyless entry and more.
- In addition to the massive difference in price, a new Alto K10 is also expected to come with a fair bit of waiting period. While customers who have already booked the car will start receiving deliveries, others might have to wait. The company says it's already receiving over 200 bookings a day.
- While the new Alto K10 does get a new engine, it's slightly underpowered compared to the older model. The older engine used to offer 68 bhp and 90 Nm of peak torque, while the newer model offers 65.7 bhp and 89 Nm of peak torque.
- At the moment, the new Alto K10 does not come with a CNG option, whereas the older K10 was offered with an optional factory-fitted CNG kit as well. So, if you are looking for a new CNG Alto, you'll have to look elsewhere.
Used Maruti Suzuki Alto K10
The Alto K10 has been on sale in India for around 10 years so there will be no dearth of options in the used car market.
- The most apparent benefit of going for a used Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 is the price. Even a 5-year-old model will be cheaper than the entry-level variant of the new Alto. Depending on the model year and condition of the car you can get one for as low as Rs. 1 lakh, going up to Rs. 4 lakh.
- The options are endless. The Alto K10 has been on sale in India for around 10 years so there will be no dearth of options in the used car market. Even a quick online search will give you thousands of listings.
- While we are yet to drive the new Alto K10, what we know about the older-gen model is that it's a great city car. It's compact, gets peppy engines, and is quite fun-to-drive.
The Maruti Suzuki Alto is quite basic when it comes to fit and finish and quality. The plastics and materials used inside are also quite mediocre.
- The Maruti Suzuki Alto is quite basic when it comes to fit and finish and quality. The plastics and materials used inside are also quite mediocre. Overall things don't feel very sturdy.
- The old Alto K10 is not that impressive when it comes to safety features. While a couple of years older models did get a driver-side airbag, ABS with EBD, reverse parking sensors and seatbelt reminder, the older models will have lesser features.
- Based on the numbers shared by Maruti, the old Alto K10 also falls short in terms of fuel efficiency. Compared to the 24.90 kmpl offered by the new Alto K10, the older-gen model used to offer about 20.2 kmpl.
Last Updated on August 18, 2022
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 8,000 km
- 24,110 km
- 72,000 km
- 53,763 km
- 20,156 km
- 64,000 km
- 85,000 km
- 75,000 km
- 70,123 km
- 22,000 km
1 hour ago
3 hours ago
3 hours ago
4 hours ago
5 hours ago
6 hours ago
7 hours ago
1 month ago
If you are in the market, or on the internet, looking for a good used vehicle right now, then here are 6 cars that you should consider buying.
2 months ago
The used car market in India is significantly larger than the new car market. Even then, there are a few myths that surround buying a used car model.
2 months ago
The used car market can be a very practical and economical starting point to enter the luxury car space. So, if you are planning to buy a used luxury car, here are some pros and cons that you should know about.
4 months ago
The Alto was first launched in 2000, and the moniker has been in the market for 23 years.
5 months ago
Buyers of used cars have no dearth of options, but it’s crucial to zero in on the vehicle type that best suits your needs.