Planning To Buy A Used Mahindra TUV300? Here Are Things You Need To Consider
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
2 mins read
11-Aug-22 08:24 PM IST
The Mahindra TUV300 subcompact SUV was first launched in India in 2015. While now the SUV has been renamed Bolero Neo, the TUV300 moniker still has a strong recall value. The SUV comes with the conventional boxy design with bold lines and beefy cladding. Also, it's the only SUV in this segment to get a rear-wheel-drive (RWD) setup. Sadly, compared to rivals like Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, or the Tata Nexon, the new Bolero Neo doesn't offer great value. However, the same cannot be said for a used TUV300, especially if you are looking for a spacious family SUV that can handle tough terrains.
You can get a used Mahindra TUV300 for Rs. 4.5 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh.
Depending on the model year, kilometres done, and the general condition of the car, you can get a used Mahindra TUV300 for Rs. 4.5 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh. However, before you start looking for one, here are some pros and cons you must consider first.
- The TUV300 is big on cabin space and can easily seat 5 passengers. Also, even with the side-facing seat in the third row, the SUV offers a decent boot space of 384 litres, and it offers a commanding driving position with a clear view of the road.
- The TUV300 can handle rough terrains with quite ease. It is built on a ladder-on-frame chassis with a rear-wheel-drive (RWD) setup. The newer Bolero Neo version of the SUV also comes with multi-terrain technology.
- The Mahindra TUV300 comes with a decently powered 1.5-litre diesel engine with a 5-speed manual gearbox. Mahindra also used to offer an AMT or automated manual transmission option.
- While the TUV300 is certainly big on space, when it comes to fit and finish, the cabin feels sub-par. The quality of plastics used inside the cabin is also not the best.
- As expected from a ladder-on-frame vehicle, there is a lot of body roll, despite its compact footprint. The suspension also feels a bit bouncy on the tarmac.
- The AMT unit offered with the TUV300 was not the best. Its transmission is quite unresponsive and not at all fun to drive.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
52 minutes ago
The BMW iX1 will make its India debut in the next few weeks
1 hour ago
Tata Motors will provide 24x7 support and Electric Vehicle Support Centres for the Ace EV fleet, which also features a telematics system for real-time tracking and efficient fleet management.
3 hours ago
Hyundai has launched a mild update to the i20 N Line for the Indian market
4 hours ago
This event took place at Yamaha's Surajpur Plant, located in Uttar Pradesh
5 hours ago
The Honda SUV has a whole bouquet of accessories to decorate the exterior as well as the interiors
6 hours ago
This new model features a combination of a 2.9-litre V6 petrol engine and an advanced electric motor
7 hours ago
Ahead of its 2026 debut, Lexus will unveil its next-generation EV concept at the 2023 Japan Mobility Show
8 hours ago
This study provides a detailed overview of the automotive retail sector for India.
23 hours ago
The Repsol edition models get the Ross White and Vibrant Orange colour scheme reminiscent of the Team Repsol Honda MotoGP bikes.
1 day ago
The leaked documents reveal that the motorcycle will get a 451.65 cc engine that will develop peak power at 8000 rpm
1 year ago
We list out a few 7-Seater SUVs that you can buy in the used car space under the Rs. 10 lakh price range.
2 years ago
The Mahindra TUV300 is back albeit with a different name. We drive the new Bolero Neo, company's latest subcompact offering in the market.
2 years ago
Images of a test mule of the upcoming 2021 Mahindra TUV300 Plus facelift has surfaced online, and this time around we get a glimpse of the cabin as well.
2 years ago
Images of the BS6 compliant Mahindra TUV300 have surfaced online, and this time around, we get an up-close look at the updated subcompact SUV.
4 years ago
Mahindra has announced recently handing over 92 Mahindra TUV300 vehicles to the Kolkata Police Department. With this, the Kolkata Police has become the 13th police department in the country to introduce the TUV300 to its fleet.