The long-anticipated Honda Jazz BS6 premium hatchback is all set to be launched in India this month. While the BS6 compliant Jazz was supposed to be launched a few months ago, the coronavirus pandemic and the resultant lockdown forced Honda to suspend production activities for over a month, and also rejig its launch timeline. Now, after the launch of the new-gen City and the WR-V facelift, Honda is gearing up to bring in the updated Jazz, and the company has already opened pre-bookings for the car. Along with a BS6 compliant engine, the 2020 Honda Jazz will also come with a few updates, and here's everything we know about the car.
Also Read: Bookings Open For The 2020 Honda Jazz
- Let's start with the most important update, the engine. The 2020 Honda Jazz will now be a petrol-only model, and it will come with the same 1.2-litre i-VTEC engine that powers the Amaze subcompact sedan. The BS6 compliant motor will be tuned to make about 89 bhp and develop 110 Nm of peak torque.
- The transmission duties will be taken care of by a 5-speed manual gearbox, along with an optional CVT automatic unit. Honda will also be offering paddle shifters with the CVT variants of the car, similar to the City sedan.
- Honda has already revealed the new-gen Jazz globally, however, there is still some time before the company is ready to offer a generation upgrade in India. For now, the 2020 Honda Jazz will come with some select cosmetic updates, giving it a refreshed look.
- The new exterior updates include - a new front grille with a glossy black slat and chrome highlight, new LED headlights with integrated LED daytime running lamps, new LED foglamps, and revised LED taillamps.
Also Read: 2020 Honda Jazz BS6 Teaser Reveals New LED Headlamps And Updated Grille
- The Honda Jazz BS6 will also come with a first-in-segment electric sunroof, with one-touch function. Additionally, the cabin will also come with some new creature comforts like cruise control, smart entry and push-button Start/Stop system in both manual and CVT variants.
Also Read: New-Gen Honda City: All You Need To Know
- Customers can book the BS6 Jazz at any authorised Honda Cars India showroom across the country for a token of ₹ 21,000, or make an online booking for ₹ 5,000 via the company's official website.
- The Honda Jazz was the last car in the premium hatchback space that is yet to receive a BS6 upgrade. Upon its launch, the Jazz BS6 will compete with the likes of the Tata Altroz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, and Hyundai i20.