We were the first ones to tell you that Ford has been working on a crossover version of the Figo hatchback for the Indian market, and back then we had also shared the first set of spy images of the car. Expected to be christened 'Ford Figo Cross', this is the first crossover hatch from the American carmaker in India and we expect the car to be launched next year. In fact, recently we had even shared some new images of the production version of the Figo Cross that was seen without camouflage. While there is still a lot that is to be known about the new crossover, here's all that we have uncovered so far, about the new Ford Figo Cross.
Also Read: Ford Figo Cross Spotted Sans Camouflage
Here are 10 things that we know about the upcoming Ford Figo Cross:
- Ford India will be the latest carmaker to join the hatchback-SUV crossover club with this Figo based crossover. This is the first-of-its-kind offering from the carmaker in the Indian market.
- To go with its crossover nature, the Figo Cross comes with additional body cladding, a new aggressive face, and an updated design too, which essentially makes it look like a pumped-up version of the Figo hatchback.
- The exterior of the car comes with a new hexagonal grille, which is inspired from the Mustang, looks sporty and is flanked by the larger sweptback headlamps. The car also gets an all-new front bumper with a lot of muscle to show, with round foglamps, bumper cladding and faux skid plate.
- On the sides the crossover gets a lot of black treatment with the addition of some chrome elements. The black plastic inserts for the rugged appeal run across the sides as well, on the wheel arches and will be see on the rear bumper too. The ORVMs are coloured in black and come with integrated turn signal lights. There is a chrome strip running along the base of the window and the door handles are also finished in chrome.
- The test mule that we saw recently came in a new copper brown shade with black split racing stripes running along the hood and roof of the car. The Figo Cross also appears to get a set of large roof rails, LED taillamps, and maybe a larger set of sporty alloy wheels.
- The upcoming Ford Figo Cross will also get an all-new cabin. Sure it will share some parts and components with the Figo hatchback but the design is all-new with a new dashboard, instrument cluster, centre console and more.
- On the features front the spy images tell us that there is an all-new and massive floating touchscreen infotainment display and some buttons and dials below it. There are air-con vents on either side and below near the centre console, there are three large dials, which means no climate control.
- The new Ford Figo Cross is expected to debut the automaker's all-new 1.2-litre petrol engine from the Dragon series. The motor is expected to belt out about 90 bhp and is said to be one of the most powerful in its class. The car will also get the existing 1.5-litre TDCi diesel engine that makes about 100 bhp.
- Both engines will come paired to a 5-speed manual transmission. It's not clear if Ford will offer an automatic transmission on the Figo Cross. Both Figo hatch and Aspire subcompact sedan get a DCT unit, which could also be offered as an option with the new crossover.
- On safety front, we expect dual airbags and ABS with EBD to come as standard, while the top-spec model will get six airbags, reverse parking camera, keyless entry and more.
Upon its launch, the new Ford Figo Cross will rival Hyundai i20 Active, Toyota Etios Cross, Fiat Urban Cross and the likes in the segment. On the pricing front, as it will be positioned above the regular Figo hatch we expect a price tag starting from ₹ 5 lakh (ex-showroom).
Latest Spy Image Source:Carwale