Made-In-India 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class: All You Need To Know
By Shubham Parashar
1 mins read
Published on October 8, 2021
- Locally assembled Mercedes-Benz S-Class is Rs. 60 lakh affordable to CBU.
- The made in India S-Class retains all the features & engines from the CBU
- Prices start at Rs. 1.57 crore, is only marginally more than predecessor.
The locally assembled 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is now on sale in India and the flagship sedan is a lot more affordable now than the completely built unit (CBU) or fully imported model on sale earlier. The made-in-India new-gen Mercedes-Benz S-Class is offered in two variants- S 350d 4Matic and S 450 4Matic priced at Rs. 1.57 crore and Rs. 1.62 crore respectively (all prices ex-showroom, India). Mercedes-Benz allocated 150 units of the new S-Class for India and half of it were already sold even before its debut in our market. The German carmaker will likely receive more demand for the locally-assembled S-Class since it's less expensive now but timely delivery is still likely to be a constraint for Mercedes-Benz India given the global semiconductor shortage and the new S-Class is loaded to the brim with advanced tech.
- The locally assembled Mercedes-Benz S-Class is affordable by up to Rs. 60 lakh than the CBU units, which were priced at Rs. 2.17 crore and Rs. 2.19 crore.
Variants 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class CBU Made-In-India 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Price Difference Mercedes-Benz S-Class 350 d 4 Matic Diesel Rs. 2.17 Crore Rs. 1.57 Crore Rs. 60 lakh Mercedes-Benz S-Class 450 4 Matic Petrol Rs. 2.19 Crore Rs. 1.62 Crore Rs. 57 lakh
- The new-gen Mercedes-Benz S-Class is a huge step up and even the locally assembled India-spec flagship sedan is not skimmed-off. It now gets new headlamps with individual modules which have million pixels inside that in combination with multi-beam LED headlamps along with ultra range high beam offers a 650 metre of illumination.
- The S-Class has always been an elegant sedan and looks classy, no matter what generation it belongs too. The new S-Class also grows in size by 34 mm in length and 34 mm in width and sees a significant 51 mm growth in wheelbase over the previous model.
- The more interesting part though is the aerodynamics! The S-Class has a drag coefficient of 0.22, which makes it one of the most aerodynamic cars in the world.
- While the CBU model was riding on AMG Line 20-inch wheels with low profile tyres, the locally assembled S-Class gets a size smaller 19-inch wheels shod in comparatively tall profiles tyres for better ride quality on Indian roads.
- The locally assembled S-Class continues with automatic door handles and new horizontal combination taillights in a crystal design. The new Mercedes-Benz S-Class is now 60 kg lighter than the previous model, which was achieved by employing 50 per cent of aluminium construction. The carmaker says the other 50 per cent is built with high rigidity steel.
Made-In-India 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Dimensions Length 5289 mm Width 1954 mm Height 1503 mm Wheelbase 3216 mm
- On the inside, the made-in-India S-Class is sheer opulence. The cabin cocoons the occupants in a world of luxury. The materials used, the fit and finish and the way all of it is put together, is simply exquisite! The new S-Class gets seats that come with a massage function and 10 different massage programs to choose from.
- Other creature comforts include - 64 LED ambient lighting, a new 12.3-inch instrument cluster, panoramic sliding sunroof, along with Burmester high-end 3D sound system with 15 speakers, and ambient lighting with over 263 optic LED lights throughout the cabin.
- The Mercedes-Benz S-Class will get up to five OLED displays, four of which will be touchscreen. This includes the massive 12.8-inch infotainment system, equipped with the latest-gen MBUX system.
- The 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is also much safer now with features like segment-first frontal airbag for rear passengers, which bring the total count to 10 airbags, Mercedes' Pre-Safe package and pedestrian protection with active bonnet, 360-degree camera and more.
2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Mercedes-Benz S-Class 350 d 4 Matic Diesel Mercedes-Benz S-Class 450 4 Matic Petrol Displacement 2925 cc 2999 cc Power Output 282 bhp @ 3600 - 4200 rpm 362 bhp @ 5500-6100 rpm Peak torque 600 Nm @ 1200 - 3200 rpm 500 Nm @ 1600-4500 rpm Transmission 9-Speed Automatic 9-Speed Automatic 0-100 kmph 5.4 seconds 5.1 seconds Top-Speed 250 kmph 250 kmph
Last Updated on October 8, 2021
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 41,489 km
- 1,18,054 km
- 22,376 km
- 44,300 km
- 84,000 km
- 77,000 km
- 47,549 km
- 8,000 km
- 53,763 km
- 24,110 km
3 hours ago
Prices for the Aprilia RS 457 could be announced at India Bike Week 2023, while deliveries are likely to begin from early 2024 onwards
3 hours ago
The Gemini battery utilises a unique dual-chemistry design that combines two distinct cell types to maximise efficiency and range
8 hours ago
The third-generation Renault Duster has been revealed globally and here's a quick look at what's new on the SUV
9 hours ago
This makes the S1 X+ Rs 30,000 cheaper than the S1 Air, priced at nearly 1.20 lakh
10 hours ago
JLR India to conduct annual holiday service camp from December 4th-9th at all authorised retailers, offering vehicle check-ups, exclusive offers and more
A strong push during the festive season helped Ola Electric achieve its highest-ever monthly sales, retaining its number-one position in the market.
Gauhar Khan and her husband, Zaid Darbar, were pictured together at the dealership in Mumbai while taking delivery of their new Mercedes.
Hero MotoCorp’s cumulative sales for November 2023 stood at 491,050 units, witnessing a 25.61 per cent increase year-on-year
1 day ago
The bikemaker’s cumulative motorcycle sales for the year 2023 stood at 621,672 units, reflecting a 13 per cent increase.
Kareena Kapoor Khan took delivery of her new Mercedes-Benz S-Class while Saif Ali Khan decided to bring home the mighty Jeep Wrangler. The kids in both these cars were seen not wearing seatbelts or strapped to a child seat.
1 year ago
The Mercedes-Benz S-Class had to compete with the likes of the Audi RS e-tron GT, BMW M340i, 3 Series Gran Limousine, and the Jaguar I-Pace, to win the 2022 CNB Premium Car of the Year award.
Compared to its predecessor, the new S-Class is a huge step up, as it's now smarter, more feature-packed and a lot safer as well.
Compared to its predecessor, the 2021 Mercedes-Benz S-Class is a huge step up, as it's now smarter, more feature-packed, and a lot safer as well.
2 years ago
Mercedes-Benz India recently launched the locally assembled S-Class luxury sedan in the county. So, if you are planning to buy the luxury sedan, then we would ask you to take a look at these 5 pros and cons before making that decision.