Nissan GT-R: Interesting Things To Know
By Kingshuk Dutta
1 mins read
Published on December 5, 2016
- The Nissan GT-R is priced at Rs. 1.99 Crore (Ex-Delhi)
- It does the 0-100km/h sprint in less than 3 seconds
- Only 10 units of the GT-R have been allotted for India this year
The Nissan GT-R was recently launched in India at a price of Rs. 1.99 crore (Ex-showroom, Delhi). This is the first time ever that the hallowed sportscar has made an official entry into the Indian automotive market. Of course, there have been imports earlier. It is so baffling, the fact that a company which manufactures the Sunny, Micra and Terrano, can also make something as amazingly awesome as the GTR. It is a car that every automotive nut would want to drive and whether you can afford to buy it or not, it wouldn't hurt to know more about one of the fastest street legal cars in the world. Here is a listicle about the 2017 Nissan GTR that we drove earlier in the year.
- There are only five master craftsmen in the world, who build the engines for the Nissan GT-R. These men are known as Takumis, meaning 'artisan'. Each engine fitted in a Nissan GTR carries a plaque with the name of the Takumi who painstakingly built the engine.
- The Nissan GT-R has always been one of the fastest street legal cars in the world. The 2008 GT-R lapped the Nurburgring Nordschlife in 7:29:03 minutes, beating Porsche 997 Turbo's record by 11 seconds. The 2012 GT-R completed the lap in an even better 7:18:20 minutes. For the record, the Nurburgring Nordschlife is 20.8km long.
- The claimed 0-100km/h time of the Nissan GT-R is an unbelievable 2.9 seconds! Quicker than many other more expensive sportscars. The claimed top speed is 315km/h. Don't ask us the time that it takes to reach that speed. It would probably do so in the time that you take to finish reading this point.
- The VR38DETT engine on the Nissan GTR is a 3.8-litre V6, which produces a maximum power of 562bhp and peak torque of 637Nm. The motor transfer all of that power to the 4 wheels (Yes! Its an AWD too) via a 6-speed dual clutch transmission unit.
- The Nissan GT-R is lovingly called the 'Godzilla'. Its prowess at the Japanese and the Australian car racing series led the Australian press to call it the Godzilla and the name stuck ever since.
- The Nissan GT-R is shown to be a favourite of the character of Brian O'Connor, played by Paul Walker in the 'Fast and the Furious' movie franchise.
- The Nissan GTR holds the world record for the fastest accelerating production model with four seats (Technically it is a 2+2).
Quite a bit of fun, this Nissan GT-R is. Unfortunately for most of us, it will just remain our dream car, unless you rob a bank or hit a jackpot. Ohh and before we forget, since its launch 3 days ago, Nissan has already delivered 3 units of the GT-R and 5 units have already been booked. Only 10 units of the Nissan GT-R have been allotted for Indian for the next year. The estimated delivery time for the booked units is six months.
Last Updated on December 5, 2016
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 69,955 km
- 74,558 km
- 70,000 km
- 70,000 km
- 73,810 km
- 65,400 km
- 48,000 km
- 2,500 km
- 31,000 km
- 11,300 km
4 hours ago
The Kia Sonet facelift is slated to be unveiled on December 14. The leaked brochure reveals details about its specifications, features and variants.
Enyaq 85 SUV offers over 560 kms of range while the coupe variant sees range increased to over 570 km.
The latest spy shots of the Tata Punch EV reveal the new LED DRL design on the offering, while the all-electric offering is expected to bring comprehensive upgrades.
This support initiative will run for 10 days from 8 December to 18 December for customers of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry affected from the flash floods
6 hours ago
The manufacturer also said that it would hike the prices of its commercial vehicle range
7 hours ago
The motorcycle is powered by a 457 cc parallel-twin engine that churns out 47 bhp of max power
7 hours ago
Tata Motors will extend the vehicle warranty of customers affected by Cyclone Michaung, while the company is taking additional measures to improve accessibility to service their vehicles
9 hours ago
Along with monetary aid, Hyundai Motor India Foundation is also working with the state government to delivery emergency relief and essential commodities
9 hours ago
The carmaker said that rising input costs necessitated the revision in pricing.
10 hours ago
Jawa Yezdi motorcycles is holding a mega service camp in Cochin, Kerala from December 14-17 for owners to get free check-ups
12 days ago
The AMT version is available in three variants there, namely Visia, Acenta, and Acenta Plus.
13 days ago
Nissan will produce the next generation Leaf Electric crossover at the Sunderland plant in the UK, alongside the next all-electric Qashqai and Juke confirmed to arrive from the same plant
28 days ago
At the launch of the Eletre e-SUV, Lotus has confirmed that the Emira sportscar is slated to arrive in India by 2024
29 days ago
The carmakers announced the new Alliance Agreement has come into force with effect from November 8, 2023.
1 month ago
The EV has been designed in collaboration with NISMO Racing and Polyphony Digital Inc, a subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment