Buying A Used Jawa Perak: Pros And Cons
By Carandbike Team
2 mins read
Published on September 8, 2022
- Jawa Perak is handsome looking motorcycle
- It does not score high on features & practicality
- Getting a low mileage used model should not be difficult
The Jawa Perak may not have been an out and out success in India but there’s no doubt that the factory custom motorcycle from Jawa is a beautiful looking machine and definitely stands out on the road. The Perak gets a 334 cc single-cylinder engine which makes 30 bhp of maximum power and 31 Nm of peak torque, with the power being delivered to the rear wheel via a 6-speed gearbox. A brand new Perak is priced at Rs. 2.10 lakh (ex-showroom) while a used model could be bought for anything between Rs. 1.7 lakh to Rs. 1.9 lakh. But before you do purchase one, here are a few pros and cons of the Jawa Perak.
- Stunning design – the Jawa Perak is a beautifully crafted motorcycle and is bound to turn heads wherever you go. The factory-custom bobber styling along with the teardrop shaped fuel tank and the floating seat makes for a pleasant sight. It makes for great presence on the road.
- Engine performance – the bored out 334 cc single-cylinder engine is versatile and offers good performance in terms of mid-range and top-end. There is a lot of tractability too which makes the motorcycle easy to ride, especially on city roads.
- Handling – Nimble! The Jawa Perak is quite nimble and can be hustled, moving in and out of traffic and even in corners.
- Ride quality – the ride quality of the Jawa Perak is good and it does a good job of going over undulations and bad roads, giving confidence to the rider.
- Build Quality – the build quality is not up to the mark and with a used model, it could further deteriorate over time and usage. Fit and finish is not up to the mark either in most places.
- Lack of features – while the Jawa Perak is a modern classic, it ends up lacking in features like a digital instrument console, the one that is one offer, shows only time. There are no features like gear position indicator, LED headlight, DRL and so on. It does get dual-channel ABS as standard though.
- Single seat – One may argue that the single seat has been incorporated by design, but it does hamper practicality, so yes, it sure looks good but isn’t the most practical modern classic motorcycle.
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 11,300 km
- 39,000 km
- 46,000 km
- 58,500 km
- 51,700 km
- 34,000 km
- 20,000 km
- 58,000 km
- 57,000 km
- 57,057 km
2 hours ago
SAIC President Wang Xiaoqiu and JSW Group’s Parth Jindal signed the shareholder and share purchase agreements in London.
2 hours ago
It came to no one's surprise that the six-time MotoGP champion posted competitive lap times during post-season testing on his new Ducati.
3 hours ago
The Mercedes-Benz EQS is made in limited numbers at the Alabama plant in the US and production will move to Germany by 2026 to make way for the new-generation EQC.
4 hours ago
The facelifted XUV300 gets a redesigned front fascia with new light clusters, enclosed grille and redesigned bumper
5 hours ago
The recall affects 45,230 units of the Wrangler 4xe sold in global markets
5 hours ago
The Jesko completed the 7.3-kilometre lap in 2 minutes and 56.97 seconds.
5 hours ago
Toyota Gazoo Racing reshapes its 2024 WEC lineup, introducing Nyck de Vries to replace José María López in the #7 Toyota GR010 Hybrid.
His remarkable 86 per cent win rate in 2023, where he claimed victory in an astonishing 19 out of 22 races, surpassed Alberto Ascari's legendary benchmark set in 1952
The company will be offering electric vehicle chargers through direct sales channels.
Lamborghini has issued a recall for 77 units of the Huracan EVO, STO, and Tecnica.
27 days ago
Here's a checklist on how to inspect a used two-wheeler before making a purchase decision.
1 month ago
For a limited time period, Jawa and Yezdi is offering extended warranty for four years or 50,000 kms for motorcycles delivered until Diwali.
3 months ago
Royal Enfield appears to be set to follow premium brands such as Ducati and Triumph Motorcycles with its own pre-owned motorcycles arm.
5 months ago
From cruisers to bobbers, here are some of the motorcycles with the most accessible saddles.
7 months ago
The Street Rush will be held at the Chicane Circuit in Hyderabad