Should You Buy A Used Honda Mobilio? Here Are Some Pros And Cons
By Seshan Vijayraghvan
2 mins read
Published on August 30, 2022
- The Honda Mobilio was launched in 2014 and was discontinued in 2017.
- The Mobilio is a spacious MPV with capable engines.
- The Mobilio lacks in terms of safety features and quality.
The Honda Mobilio marked the entry of the Japanese carmaker into the MPV segment in India. First launched in 2014, the Mobilio was introduced to go up against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Toyota Innova. While the Mobilio had its plus points, the MPV failed to have a lasting effect on car buyers. So, the company finally decided to end its production in 2017. However, you can still find a decent number of options in the used car market. Depending on the model year and the condition of the vehicle, you can get one for anywhere between Rs. 4.3 lakh to Rs. 6.5 lakh.
The Honda Mobilio’s monocoque constructions offer a fairly smooth drive.
However, before you start looking for one, here are some pros and cons you must consider prior to buying a used Honda Mobilio.
- The Honda Mobilio was all about space. The MPV seats 7 passengers in relative comfort, albeit the third row is suitable only for kids. The MPV’s third row can be folded completely, which creates a cargo space of 521 litres.
- The Mobilio was offered in both petrol and diesel engine options, a pair of 1.5-litre i-VTEC and i-DTEC engines, and our pick would be the latter. It’s powerful, fun-to-drive, and the gear shifts are quick and smooth, with equally smooth acceleration.
- The Honda Mobilio’s monocoque constructions offer a fairly smooth drive. The suspension isn't too stiff and fares well even on bad roads.
The Honda Mobilio's cabin gets an outdated design, and the quality of plastics is also not very good.
- While looks are subjective, we believe the design of the Mobilio is not the best. It looks unimpressive, and the same can be said about the cabin, which gets an outdated design, and the quality of plastics is also not very good.
- One of the reasons why Honda discontinued the Mobilio was because it did not conform to newer safety regulations that were introduced in 2017. In fact, the MPV’s base trim with no airbags, scored a zero-star safety rating in the Global NCAP crash test, however, the model with dual airbags received an acceptable 3-star rating.
- The Honda Mobilio is not the best-handling car either. Even fully loaded the MPV had quite a bit of body roll and the steering too is a bit too light, which doesn’t offer a lot of confidence when doing higher speeds.
Last Updated on August 30, 2022
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 60,000 km
- 67,255 km
- 37,838 km
- 13,000 km
- 56,000 km
- 66,000 km
- 50,000 km
- 38,600 km
- 8,000 km
- 88,000 km
-16265 second ago
The brand is offering free service support through its dealer network in Chennai and other affected areas.
-13471 second ago
Toyota and its dealer partners have set up a special emergency helpline number and have a deployed the Hilux pickup for rescue and movement of submerged vehicles
-3151 second ago
Starting from December 8, 2023 customers affected by the flash floods can avail free RSA, engine check-ups and other service benefits at the Yamaha service centers
-664 second ago
MG Motor India has introduced a December Fest sale with sizable benefits across its lineup with offers valid until December 31
3 minutes ago
Ducati said that the price increase was due to a rise in operational costs and will affect select motorcycles on sale
1 hour ago
The Q6 e-Tron will boast an 800-volt electrical system, a 100 kWh battery offering a range of 373 miles, and dual electric motors generating up to 510 horsepower
17 hours ago
The made-in-India sport bike is powered by a 457 cc parallel-twin engine that puts out a peak 47 bhp.
18 hours ago
The new Triumph Bonneville Stealth Editions come with special hand-painted colours that change hues depending on the light
19 hours ago
The W175 Street gets alloy wheels and tubeless tyres, aside from new paint finishes
20 hours ago
The motorcycle, finished in white, features unique mineral erosion artwork by Daniel Arsham on various body panels.
2 months ago
If you are in the market, or on the internet, looking for a good used vehicle right now, then here are 6 cars that you should consider buying.
2 months ago
The used car market in India is significantly larger than the new car market. Even then, there are a few myths that surround buying a used car model.
2 months ago
Things are looking rather bright for Honda at the moment. It was only yesterday that it launched the Honda Mobilio in India, and what do you know! The company's first MPV here has already received 5,800 bookings.
2 months ago
Though, everyone knew that the 7-seater MPV would receive a great response, the carmaker has revealed that it received 85 per cent of bookings for the Mobilio's diesel variant.
2 months ago
The used car market can be a very practical and economical starting point to enter the luxury car space. So, if you are planning to buy a used luxury car, here are some pros and cons that you should know about.