Tata Nexon EV Max: All You Need To Know
- The Tata Nexon EV Max gets a 40.5 kWh battery and a 437 km range
- The long-range electric SUV also gets a host of new features
- The Nexon EV Max is priced from Rs. 17.74 lakh to Rs. 19.24 lakh
Tata Motors has launched the new long-range Nexon EV Max electric subcompact SUV in India. Priced between Rs. 17.74 lakh and Rs. 19.24 lakh (ex-showroom, India) the new long-range Nexon EV comes with a bigger battery pack, extended range and a host of new features. Now the new long-range version is an extension of the existing model and will be sold alongside the standard range Nexon EV. Here's everything you need to know about the new long-range Nexon EV Max.
Also Read: Tata Nexon EV Max Launched In India, Prices Start At Rs. 17.74 Lakh
- The Tata Nexon EV Max is offered in two key variants - XZ+ and XZ+ LUX, and both come with a 3.3 kW home charger as standard and are priced at Rs. 17.74 lakh and Rs. 18.74 lakh (ex-showroom, India). However, Tata also offers the option to get a 7.2 kW AC fast charger instead for an additional premium of Rs. 50,000.
- The Nexon EV Max is equipped with a 40.5 kWh lithium-ion battery pack, which is 33 per cent higher in capacity compared to the standard range model. The bigger battery helps deliver an ARAI certified range of 437 km (under standard testing conditions). The battery and motor battery and motor are IP67 rated and come with a warranty of 8 years or 160,000 km, whichever comes first.
Also Read: Tata Nexon EV Max India Launch Highlights
- The long-range model is powered by a Permanent magnet synchronous AC motor that generates an output of about 141 bhp and 250 Nm of peak torque. The Nexon EV Max goes from 0-100 kmph in less than 9 seconds and comes with an electronically limited top speed of 140 kmph. The EV comes with a single-speed automatic transmission.
- The new Nexon EV Max comes with the option of a 7.2 kW AC fast charger along with the standard 3.3 kW charger. The standard charger will take around 15 hours to charge the battery from 0 to 100 per cent, using a 15A plug point. On the other hand, the AC fast charger will take about 6.5 hours to do the same. The Nexon EV Max also supports DC fast-charging up to 50 kW and charges the battery pack from 0-80 per cent in about 56 minutes.
- With Nexon EV MAX, Tata Motors is introducing a Multi-Mode Regen feature to help easily adjust the level of regenerative braking through switches on the floor console. Customers can choose between 4 regen levels based on the driving conditions: Level 0 with nil recuperative braking, going up to the highest Level 3 aiding single-pedal driving. The Company has also added an intuitive feature - auto brake lamps which get activated once a certain level of regen is achieved, this helps to alert fellow motorists.
- Visually, the new long-range Tata Nexon EV Max remains largely identical to the standard range model. However, the SUV now does come in a new Intensi-Teal colour, which is exclusive to the Max range. Along with that, the SUV also comes in the existing Daytona Grey and Pristine White shades, and all options come in dual-tone colours as standard. Currently, there is no Dark Edition of the Nexon EV Max available.
- The electric SUV's cabin now comes with a new Makaran beige interior and ventilated front seats. In terms of features, Tata now offers a wireless phone charger, a new jewelled controller knob with an active mode display, air purifier, smartwatch integration, auto-dimming IRVM and cruise control among others. Nexon EV Max also features 3 driving modes - eco, city and sport and gets eight new features on the upgraded ZConnect 2.0 connected car technology. The ZConnect app offers 48 connected car features.
- With regards to safety, the Nexon EV comes with electronic aids like - ESP with i-VBAC (intelligent - Vacuum-less Boost & Active Control), Hill Hold, Hill Descent Control, and Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Vehicle Hold function. Other features include dual airbags, ISOFIX child seat mounts, and all 4-Disc brakes with disc wiping function.