Tata Nexon: 10 Things You Need To Know
By Carandbike Team
1 mins read
Published on March 9, 2017
- The Nexon is Tata Motor's first subcompact SUV
- The car will be launched in India in the second half of 2017
- The Tata Nexon was showcased at the 2017 Geneva Motor Show
The Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza already holds the upper hand in this segment and that too with just one engine - the diesel. The company has managed to sell more than 1 lakh cars ever since its launch and the waiting period is still up to 7 months. Tata expects a similar response to the Nexon and considering the path taken by the company, it isn't a far-fetched idea.
The performance of the Tiago as regards sales has been a satisfactory one and it looks like the company is finally getting a hang of things. This is one reason why it launched the AMT version of the Tiago to take on the likes of the Celerio. This is very different strategy that we are witnessing from Tata Motors and this is why there are a lot of hopes pinned on the Nexon. The company recently revealed the car at the Geneva Motor Show along with the Tigor subcompact sedan and the Racemo sports coupe. Here are ten things we know about Tata's upcoming subcompact SUV.
- The Nexon will be Tata Motors' first subcompact SUV in India
- Rivals: Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Ford EcoSport, Mahindra TUV300
- The Nexon makes use of Tata Motors' IMPACT design language which sees it get a sporty and dynamic design.
- The Nexon sports aerodynamically designed front pillars and a rear spoiler that provides a large windshield area for all-round visibility
- The front fascia boasts of a chrome 'Humanity Line' on the upper grille with projector lamps as well as LED DRLs. The tail lamps too are LED and the floating roof adds to the overall aesthetics of the car.
Tata Nexon rear
- Tata has gone for the dual-tone colour scheme as far as the Nexon is concerned and we expect it to come to India too with some customisation options
- The cabin comes with convenience features like bottle and cup holders, multiple utility spaces, handbag hangers, laptop & iPad trays thus showing that Tata Motors is in with the age. There's also automatic climate control with rear AC vents.
Tata Nexon Cabin
- The Nexon will receive a 1.5 litre Revotorq diesel engine mated to a six-speed manual transmission. An AMT cannot be ruled out.
Tata Nexon Rivals
- On the safety front, the Tata Nexon is equipped with front dual airbags, ABS with EBD with Corner Stability Control. There's also the ISOFIX at the rear outboard and a rear-view camera interface with an inbuilt touchscreen infotainment system.
- The Nexon will be launched in 2017 somewhere closer to Diwali
Last Updated on March 9, 2017
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 41,489 km
- 1,18,054 km
- 22,376 km
- 44,300 km
- 84,000 km
- 77,000 km
- 47,549 km
- 85,000 km
- 70,123 km
- 49,000 km
Popular Tata Models
1 hour ago
The Kia Sonet facelift is slated to be unveiled on December 14. The leaked brochure reveals details about its specifications, features and variants.
Enyaq 85 SUV offers over 560 kms of range while the coupe variant sees range increased to over 570 km.
The latest spy shots of the Tata Punch EV reveal the new LED DRL design on the offering, while the all-electric offering is expected to bring comprehensive upgrades.
This support initiative will run for 10 days from 8 December to 18 December for customers of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Puducherry affected from the flash floods
3 hours ago
The manufacturer also said that it would hike the prices of its commercial vehicle range
4 hours ago
The motorcycle is powered by a 457 cc parallel-twin engine that churns out 47 bhp of max power
4 hours ago
Tata Motors will extend the vehicle warranty of customers affected by Cyclone Michaung, while the company is taking additional measures to improve accessibility to service their vehicles
6 hours ago
Along with monetary aid, Hyundai Motor India Foundation is also working with the state government to delivery emergency relief and essential commodities
6 hours ago
The carmaker said that rising input costs necessitated the revision in pricing.
7 hours ago
Jawa Yezdi motorcycles is holding a mega service camp in Cochin, Kerala from December 14-17 for owners to get free check-ups
8 days ago
Tata Motors launches its fourth Registered Vehicle Scrapping Facility in Chandigarh, named Re.Wi.Re, with the capacity to dismantle 12,000 vehicles per year
9 days ago
This decision aligns with similar steps initiated by other carmakers including Audi and Maruti Suzuki.
13 days ago
There isn’t a single diesel-powered car with an automatic that can be bought for less than Rs 10 lakh
14 days ago
The charging stations will aid in travellers to cover the 111 km route between Chandigarh and Shimla
15 days ago
Tata Power installed 11,529 new EV home chargers in the second quarter of FY24.