Mahindra KUV 100: 9 Things You Need To Know
By Shoumeshwar Sen
1 mins read
Published on January 19, 2016
Mahindra KUV 100 was recently launched in India at a starting price of Rs. 4.42 lakh going all the way up to Rs. 6.76 lakh (ex-showroom, Pune). The newest sub-4 metre SUV from Mahindra and Mahindra, is the company's smallest offering and is primarily targeted at youths and first time buyers who come under the age group of below 30 years.
Book Your Mahindra KUV100 on CarAndBike Today! 30 Days Guaranteed Delivery*
Currently the third sub-4 metre to be launched Mahindra, the KUV100 is offered in four primary variants - K2, K4, K6, and K8. The car shares more its styling cues with its elder cousin - the Mahindra XUV500 and is the first six-seated SUV from Mahindra's stable. With that being said, we list out 9 things you need to know about the Mahindra KUV 100.
Also Read: Mahindra KUV100 Review
- The name 'KUV' in Mahindra KUV100 stands for 'Kool Utility Vehicle'
- Mahindra KUV100 is the third sub-4 metre vehicle launched by Mahindra, after the TUV300 and Quanto
- Mahindra KUV100, like the XUV500, is designed based on a monocoque chassis and uses a front-wheel drive architecture. Moreover, the front fascia of the SUV also looks like a compact version of the XUV500.
- The sub-compact SUV comes powered by 2 newly developed petrol and diesel engines from the carmaker's all-new engine series 'mFalcon'
- The petrol version gets a 1.2-litre all-aluminium mFalcon G80 3-cylinder petrol motor that produces 82bhp of power and 114Nm of torque. Whereas the oil burner is a 1.2-litre 3-cylinder turbocharged common-rail diesel engine, named the mFalcon D75, that develops 77bhp along with 190Nm of torque
- Both engines come mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and currently have no plans to come with an AMT unit.
- Mahindra KUV100 promises an exceptional mileage of 25.32Km/l for the diesel unit and 18.15Km/l for the petrol motor.
- Mahindra offers the KUV100 with two seating options - a standard 5-seater version and on optional 6-seater version with two bench seats at front and rear.
- Mahindra KUV100 competes with the rivals like Hyundai Grand i10, Maruti Suzuki WagonR, and Maruti Suzuki Ignis.
Last Updated on January 19, 2016
Great Deals on Used CarsView All Used Cars
- 9,800 km
- 46,630 km
- 17,459 km
- 29,000 km
- 85,500 km
- 36,800 km
- 65,400 km
- 48,000 km
- 2,500 km
- 9,000 km
Popular Mahindra Models
-15685 second ago
The latest iteration gets a slew of updated features and mechanical upgrades.
-9069 second ago
The brand is offering free service support through its dealer network in Chennai and other affected areas.
-6275 second ago
Toyota and its dealer partners have set up a special emergency helpline number and have a deployed the Hilux pickup for rescue and movement of submerged vehicles
1 hour ago
Starting from December 8, 2023 customers affected by the flash floods can avail free RSA, engine check-ups and other service benefits at the Yamaha service centers
1 hour ago
MG Motor India has introduced a December Fest sale with sizable benefits across its lineup with offers valid until December 31
2 hours ago
Ducati said that the price increase was due to a rise in operational costs and will affect select motorcycles on sale
3 hours ago
The Q6 e-Tron will boast an 800-volt electrical system, a 100 kWh battery offering a range of 373 miles, and dual electric motors generating up to 510 horsepower
19 hours ago
The made-in-India sport bike is powered by a 457 cc parallel-twin engine that puts out a peak 47 bhp.
20 hours ago
The new Triumph Bonneville Stealth Editions come with special hand-painted colours that change hues depending on the light
21 hours ago
The W175 Street gets alloy wheels and tubeless tyres, aside from new paint finishes
1 month ago
Mahindra & Mahindra has officially teased the 2021 Bolero Neo subcompact SUV, which is expected to be launched in the country very soon.
6 months ago
Mahindra has recently rolled out the 1,00,000th XUV700. The carmaker has achieved this milestone in less than 2 years.
8 months ago
Mahindra associates with four Tata IPL T20 league teams - Royal Challengers Bangalore, Delhi Capitals, Mumbai Indians, and Rajasthan Royals.
1 year ago
Canadian pension fund Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan has agreed to buy a 30% stake for 23.71 billion rupees ($297.5 million) in Indian automaker Mahindra's renewable power assets, an exchange filing showed.
1 year ago
The new Mahindra XUV300 TurboSport model is offered in three variants and is powered by a new 1.2-litre mStallion turbo petrol engine.